Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi again. i've looked thru the haynes manual and the hand book and i can't find any reference to socket size. any help would be appreciated. thanks again

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I have three. The two which came with my socket set are marked up 18mm and 10mm, but that's not the size of the hex, they measure 21mm and 16mm respectively.

The third one is what I bought for my motorbike, that's 18mm.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well I have three. The two which came with my socket set are marked up 18mm and 10mm, but that's not the size of the hex, they measure 21mm and 16mm respectively.

The third one is what I bought for my motorbike, that's 18mm.
I`ve got another size?
The confusion starts if you talk spark plug sockets or just deep sockets.My favorite Snap On spark plug socket with a U/J has 5/8 on it,I have another one that has 10mm on it? both these sockets are the same size as a 16mm deep.

OP,still confused? Just go to Halfords and ask for a 10mm spark plug socket as that`s the one you need for your 307.

·
Registered
15,120 Posts
This is why i did not answer with sizes 5/8 IS 16mm which is the size he needs BUT that is the hex size and they are generally called 10mm plugs :)

Most modern cars have what are called 10mm plugs but the socket is 16mm !!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Since we're on the topic, and I had mine out for a wee look today, I made a discovery.
First, it is indeed the socket marked up as 10mm but which is actually 16mm.
The thread of the spark plug isn't 10mm either, it's more like 13mm.

However, the insulator measures just over 10mm so I presume that's what the markings on the socket refer to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ah, but a 10mm spark plug socket isn't the same as a 16mm deep socket. The spark plug socket has a rubber insert to grip the plug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts