Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.6 16v 307 2002 but I have hesitation when accelerating and generally underperforming and sometimes unless you give it a few more rpm when reversing it will stall.Also when driving round town and generally under 2000rpm it will feel a bit lumpy.
Is this really as easy as it sounds and just a change of plugs needed?
I have changed the oil,filter,air filter and I have it booked in for a cam belt change on wednesday.
Please help me???

·
Registered
905 Posts
30716v said:
I have a 1.6 16v 307 2002 but I have hesitation when accelerating and generally underperforming and sometimes unless you give it a few more rpm when reversing it will stall.Also when driving round town and generally under 2000rpm it will feel a bit lumpy.
Is this really as easy as it sounds and just a change of plugs needed?
I have changed the oil,filter,air filter and I have it booked in for a cam belt change on wednesday.
Please help me???
sprak plugs are cheap, In any case I recommend to change them anyway.. the only other suspect for the symptoms you have mentioned is the fuel filter or pump..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also I get a smell of petrol when coming to a halt!!!
Are these 2 problems linked??
Please give me your thoughts as the Mrs is getting really f****d off about it!

·
Registered
905 Posts
30716v said:
Also I get a smell of petrol when coming to a halt!!!
Are these 2 problems linked??
Please give me your thoughts as the Mrs is getting really f****d off about it!
there you... thats your biggest clue... fuel pump.. straightaway...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does that give me a smell of petrol when I brake sharply???
P.S Thanks for shedding some light on my problems.
And it seems to be drinking alot of petrol.

Are the fuel pumps expensive???

·
Registered
905 Posts
30716v said:
How does that make it smell of petrol when i brake sharply???
Are the fuel pumps expensive???
its sits under the seat on the tank... just did a rough check and its around £144.18 You fuel gauge and pump is together..

part number 1525 KJ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is the smell of petrol coming from within the cabin or outside?

Have you pulled out the spark plugs? If they are covered in black your engine may be running rich (corrupted/faulty ecu).

If it is your fuel pump you can buy the actual pump itself (just the 12V motor) for about 100 euros from Italy ebay. This is what I did. You just need to be able to disconnect it from the rest of the fuel pump. Not too hard. (By the way, when my fuel pump went there was no warning, the car just stopped while I was on the highway).

It would be interesting if you could plug in planet and see what the fault codes are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not done the plugs yet!!
That is next on the list and hopefully that is the problem.
I have plugged in a good fault code reader and no faults were found.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just to update I have just had the cambelt,waterpump,thermostat and plugs changed today and now she runs like a dream.
No more hesistation and she feels really smooth and lots more power.
This is mainly because the cambelt had no tension on it and hitting against the cover!!!! This also put the timing way out.Thermostat was faulty and the plugs had quite a gap on them.Now its all sorted.:thumb:
Total cost including auxillary belt,cambelt kit,waterpump,new antifreeze,thermostat,sparkplugs and labour £265.Sorted

·
Registered
905 Posts
30716v said:
Just to update I have just had the cambelt,waterpump,thermostat and plugs changed today and now she runs like a dream.
No more hesistation and she feels really smooth and lots more power.
This is mainly because the cambelt had no tension on it and hitting against the cover!!!! This also put the timing way out.Thermostat was faulty and the plugs had quite a gap on them.Now its all sorted.:thumb:
glad you got it sorted mate...

its funny how the problem or the symptom could be anything.. hope the bill wasnt huge..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts