Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Replacing plugs on 2004 2.0 16v petrol 407 sv
Old were DENSO K16HPR-U11- dealer supplied CHAMPION REC9MCLX, which looks correct according to the Champion pdf. Which doesn't give the gaps (varies between cars I expect).

Gap of old plugs was 1.0-1.1mm. New ones are supplied with 0.8, one at 0.7. Answer to a NGK post was 0.9, so I guess I'm not going to be far out anyway. At the moment I'm tempted to stay with the 0.8 as per 3 out of the 4 new plugs.

What is the correct gap?

For future reference, is this sort of info available on the web? I found out what to do from servicebox, guess you need to pay them to get anything really useful... suppose my trusty Haynes manuals with grubby pages are just going to be a sweet memory... thats a post for another day!
Regards -Phil

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of googling needed to get any sense on this one!

I was surprised to find that servicebox didn't have the answer, even with the 1hr subscription.

I have fitted the plugs with the 0.8 gap that 3 out of 4 came with, working OK so far. (Problem that started this was misfire with "depollution system faulty", the warning is still there even when the problem isn't, but I half expected that. There's another thread on the depollution warning, I'll post again once I am sure of the result)

Champion's (ie Federal Mogul) site indicates 0.9. It only shows OE178 for the 407

However "alwaysachampion.eu" lists OE178 with equivalent part no REC9MCLX (would put the urls here but I have less than 5 posts)

The plugs came in a Peugeot box. Perhaps the 0.8 gap is a Peugeot adjustment? One website suggested go with the existing gap, another said go with the vehicle manufacturer's spec (be even better if Peugeot told us what it is). So I'll go with 0.8, thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.