Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the NGK PLZKBR7B8DG spark plug for my car PEUGEOT 3008 1.6 . . 06/2010~07/2017 4 Door Hatchback 1.6 litre, EP6CDT I4 16v DOHC VVT Turbo Direct Inj {115KW} FWD AT 18610.

I thought the spark plug would come as pre-gapped but some how I see the petrol consumption is way too much so what is the gap setting for my car?

Can someone please help? Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I doubt the plug gap will make any noticeable difference ignition systems nowadays can cope with much larger gaps than days of old when the gaps could affect the weak spark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt the plug gap will make any noticeable difference ignition systems nowadays can cope with much larger gaps than days of old when the gaps could affect the weak spark
thanks reliable406.
My car is old now it is year 2010, do my car engine can cope with wrong gap too small or too large? The NGK come as pregapped I did noticed it look pretty much the same gap with the old spark plug that I took out. If it is not the gap problem then it would be either one of them faulty or fake NGK spark plugs. I did notice when I first switch on the engine the sound is a little bit rough and loud and it idle about 1200rpm then it seem smooth out very quiet and it idle at about 800rpm. So look like it work as expected?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts