Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a spare part from a dealer and was told it will take over ten days to arrive from France. As the car is off road awaiting this part I find it unbelievable that Peugeot do not have a central distribution depot in the U.K as do other car manufactures. Another reason not to buy French cars

·
Registered
883 Posts
If a dealer is doing their job properly,and that`s a big IF? getting the part from France is the last resort as that means its been "Backordered to France",not available in the UK.
If a dealer does not have the part in stock they could try other Peugeot dealers or they may have system within their own group.If that fails to find the part it is then put on Peugeot`s VOR order system at their UK distribution site for next day delivery.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
Without knowing what part we are referring to its hard to say whether it is unreasonable for it not to be available as some parts are simply such a low demand or high value dealers cannot afford to stock them.

Other parts are in high demand due to unforseen failure rates that they actually can sometimes run out of stock.

Peugeot DO have a central warehouse for the uk but it does not hold every part neither do other manufacturers hold every part as believe it or not the parts are NOT MADE by the vehicle manufacturers they are made by other companies !

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
With all due respect, 1 person having to for 1 part, is not a reason 'not to buy French cars'.

There are plenty of people here, myself included who have had brilliant experiences with Peugeot.

I have added options to my car that never came as standard, and every time I have got the part from my local dealers, with a couple of days wait sometimes.

That's just the way the world works I am afraid.

·
Registered
202 Posts
every part ive ever ordered from peugeot came the next day if it was orderer before 2pm, and that included some less common items so i think its a one off.

·
11,817 Posts
I've also had good parts service - with the dealer telling me which neighbouring branches have it in stock if their's didn't.

But a delay of several days from France isn't acceptable in this day and age. Unless the French national strikes are playing a part?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts