Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone here using Peugeot parts from China such as sensor, body module control etc, are their parts reliable?

·
12,075 Posts
Tricky one. I've bought Chinese Lexia cables and they've been fine for years.

But I wouldn't trust sensors or other parts. I've seen cheap suspension parts fail so quickly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tricky one. I've bought Chinese Lexia cables and they've been fine for years.

But I wouldn't trust sensors or other parts. I've seen cheap suspension parts fail so quickly.
Yup, i wonder with the CMF-930400 sensor where the o/e brand was bitron while there are a lot of unbrand from china, how reliable it ia, any review from you guys who ever used this? Thanks a lot.

·
6,425 Posts
I have used Ali for window switches, cruise stalks and parking sensors and they have all been fine, A friend also got one of the reversing camera/video interfaces and it worked fine.

I would however never go for safety critical parts such as brake components or oil and fuel filters etc

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The Chinese can make world class products, the have successfully launched space craft. What they often do is make very cheap low quality stuff. They certainly hit the spot exporting to the west, particularly the UK and the USA. People want cheap, they don't care it's mostly junk, it's cheap junk, that's what matters.
When it comes to car components, if it's a safety critical item, or failure would mean breaking down, use OEM or reputable aftermarket items.
I replaced the carburettor on my petrol mower with a Chineseum one. It cost less than the parts to repair the original one. It works fine, and if it turned out to be useless that would be an inconvenience. If I replaced the fuel pump on my 307 diesel and it failed that could leave me stranded and with a large repair bill.

Roger.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I brought a DPF sensor from China and sent it back,there were 3 things wrong with it.
1 - the actual size was a couple of mm too short.
2 - where the vacuum pipes fit one was too small and loose.
3 - Where the electrical plug connects the 3 connectors were not even in line and the plug would not even attach.
so now i will avoid parts that come from China and pay the bit extra for OEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts