Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Peugeot 308 Access SW. I have just one key for it which works fine but have broken once or twice and had to have the casing replaced.

I want to get a spare key cut (can do so for a reasonable price at Timpsons) but a standard non-remote key (without buttons) is much cheaper (about £65) than having another remote one (about £140).

Was just wondering if there would be any issue with using an old fashioned non-remote key to unlock and start the car. Would there be any issues with the alarm or immobiliser?

The guy at Timpsons seemed think that with a standard key, there is something I would need to do when unlocking the car (like turning the key back in the other direction slightly to turn off the alarm) to turn the alarm off.

Can anyone advise? I'd rather go with a cheaper non-remote key because it's just going to be a spare should the usual one break.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Not sure, why not try unlocking your car with the blade and see if the alarm goes off? Putting key into ignition & switching on should silence alarm if it has gone off.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The alarm system requires either the remote key OR the ignition turning ON to disarm it.

You can only arm the alarm system by locking the car with the remote fob.

If you unlock the door manually with the alarm system armed it will trigger as soon as the door is opened & will only disarm by using the remote fob unlock button OR switching the ignition ON.

The alarm system will recognize the transponder immobiliser chip inside the key & disarm the alarm system when you switch the ignition ON.

A standard non remote key will disarm the alarm system as long as its coded to the car for the immobiliser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts