Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car I bought last week only has one key - so I'm after a spare.

Anyone got any intel on where to go/where not to go?

Cheers,
Gaz

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
The car I bought last week only has one key - so I'm after a spare.

Anyone got any intel on where to go/where not to go?

Cheers,
Gaz
this has been covered time and time again and using the search function would not go a miss

you need the code card
you can get this from dealers if you don't have it

blade cut
you can get precut blades from dealers for cheap

transponder programmed
you could contact a forum member for this

·
Registered
437 Posts
Original model or facelift?

Basically you have 3 aspects to think about; Blade, transponder (for immobiliser) and remote central locking.

Originally the circuit board (RCL) and transponder were seperate. The transponders can be got new on ebay for about a fiver and can be programmed with planet as long as you have the transponder code which usually comes printed on a plastic card like credit card size. If you want RCL too then you need a new 'virgin' key as the circuit boards cannot be re-programmed.

Facelift flip type keys / transponders are a single unit and you'll need a new one.

The blade can be cut by competent locksmiths OR IF you have your existing mechanical key code then a replacement can be cut from the code assuming that the locks have never been changed.

I've also heard people have had their existing key 'Cloned' by a locksmith so that they then have 2 keys but I've never done this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this has been covered time and time again and using the search function would not go a miss

you need the code card
you can get this from dealers if you don't have it

blade cut
you can get precut blades from dealers for cheap

transponder programmed
you could contact a forum member for this
Yeah, you're right. Sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts