Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just purchased a 51 plate 307 i only recieved 1 key what is best and cheapest way to get another key for car any help would be welcome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Mate,

You can pick up a new fob of Ebay and a blank blade for about 40 quid? Now any auto key technicians can cut and programme the key for you, but if your feeling particularly spunky then you can programme it yourself, if your not to sure then hit me back and ill send you some instructions, but you'd need to get it cut either way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spare key

fubar3803 said:
Hi Mate,

You can pick up a new fob of Ebay and a blank blade for about 40 quid? Now any auto key technicians can cut and programme the key for you, but if your feeling particularly spunky then you can programme it yourself, if your not to sure then hit me back and ill send you some instructions, but you'd need to get it cut either way.
thanks for reply so i just buy A peugeot fob off ebay and when i recieve it take it to any auto key tech to be programmed .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spare key

fubar3803 said:
Hi Mate,

Yeah them or any auto garage/shop that can cut keys. The programme bit is the easiest bit believe it or not.
bought key off ebay waiting for it to arrive if i can get it cut will give you a shout ref programme if that is ok with you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fubar......It looks like you might be able to help me out here. I have recently bought a 407 SW. It came with 2off 3 button keys. I have managed to obtain a 2 button key from a mate of mine. Will this key work on my car, I never use the middle button anyway. If it will work, can you post the programing procedure please? As soon as I know it works I will get a new blade fitted and cut. Thanks in advance, Ian.

·
Registered
21 Posts
unfortunately Twobellies you need the key cut first as the programming procedure requires the key in the ignition. I also don't know the full procedure for a 407?, I'm assuming its the same as the other models but I wouldn't like to say without being too sure.

Is it a Plip key fob that you have?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts