Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my peugeot 206 and i didnt get a spare key with it - was just wondering .. if any1 knows if there is any other way of getting one without going through a peugoet dealer as i got told it was £190 !!!!
If anyone does know .. please could you let me know before i get horribly ripped off lol !! :thumb: Thanks !

G

·
buy one off ebay with a uncut key blade then go and get it coded to your car at peugeot, just look for one that looks similar to yours (the fob bit at the top needs to be the same, most will advertise what car it came from)

You will need to take your car security card with you (its the size of a credit card with a 4 digit number on it)

35 quid to code your keys, or 55 quid if you have lost your security card

tip: if you have to go down the 55 quid route make sure they write your code down for you, that way you have it for if you need it again :thumb:

Rich

G

·
Just like to add one thing to avoid a potential problem for a 307 owner...

If you buy a key that is like the one shown in the ebay link with a "countoured" profile, you cannot fit a square "307" type blade, as the blades are of different thickness.

You could of course file the end of the blade to reduce approx 0.7mm....

David

G

·
Good shout, forgot to mention that!

307's and 206's have different key blades, so double check before ordering!

Did you have any luck coding yours david?

G

·
Stubbo said:
Did you have any luck coding yours david?
Nope - not tried yet as I dont have the V5 back yet, so cant go to Mr peugeot and get the code...

Will give it a try as soon as I get the code...

D

G

·
Stubbo said:
just an FYI

I didnt need my V5 or any proof that the car was actually mine, or who i was to get the code requested and the keys done! :eek:

Thats unusual I would have hoped!

I phoned, and they said I needed the V5 plus proof of ID.... I should try the next dealership I guess... but this one is 1mile from the office.

David

G

·
The one i went to had only just reopened after a couple of months shutdown so i guess things were a bit chatotic and they forgot!

Still, saved me the hassle of digging the logbook out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts