Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best/cheapest place to get a spare key cut/programmed?

The Peugeot dealers are extortianate!

Cheers

Matt

G

·
Apparently you can buy uncoded keys from peugeot for £20

As long as you have your transponder code (a little credit card sized card with 4 digits on it) then i beleive certain people with planet can do this??

If you dont have the card then you will have to request it from peugeot, normally £20 but daffyduck found out you can get it for about £3 (cant find his post though sorry)

So potentially looking at 40/50 quid for a new one there, how much is it to all be done officially by the stealers?

I myself got an ebay key and blade and had that programmed to my car by peugeot, however a few people have had no luck with this method so its a bit of a gamble! :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just been in touch with one of these companies and they have quoted me £140-150 for the whole job (key/fob/cut/program).

I think peugeot dealers quote roughly £200...

matt

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
im not sure but i think bettyswollocks does immobiliser code and for free!!! not sure if this is the code you need...

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
but with someone with planet can do it alot alot cheaper, no call out fees etc and it is the same work as the dealer :lol:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
planet is what the diagnostic/programming tool the dealerships use, some hobbyists and some money savers buy them to help themselves and others to save a fortune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts