Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don`t think i can keep up with the amount of spam we are getting , i have "pm`d" Admin to see if he can do something , would anyone else like to pm him because i am totally fecked off (and i`ve got a hangover).:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
387 Posts
New members (for the first day) should have their posts delayed for up to 24hrs so that they can be vetted before they appear on the open forum.

Either that or have a report spam button on each post, once the report spam button is hit by a minimum number of people (3 to 5) the offending post is removed automatically.

Either that or only allow registration if you can enter your car reg in an application to join.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Maybe grant moderator status to a few more of the senior/regular members to lighten the load a bit.

G

·
How about having a new members first 5 posts reviewed by a mod/admin before they appear? Works well on some forums I frequent (rampantladyboysmorg, kinkybottomspanking.com, etc).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
chopper1192 said:
How about having a new members first 5 posts reviewed by a mod/admin before they appear? Works well on some forums I frequent (rampantladyboysmorg, kinkybottomspanking.com, etc).
agreed, its a pure nightmare.. sometimes I just log on to ban users or delete posts..

the post count thing doesnt work..

The way I see it, they are loosers anyways.. Spam messages dont stay on for so long so whatever thier purpose is.. they got no luck..

not bothered anymore.. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don`t think i can keep up with the amount of spam we are getting , i have "pm`d" Admin to see if he can do something , would anyone else like to pm him because i am totally fecked off (and i`ve got a hangover).:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'd PM him for you, but I'm a new member, so can't until I've made 20 posts

I guess I could make up 20 (see my post in suggestions/comments) by using the 'spam' page as another member suggested (when I suggested new members need not have 20 posts) but they disagreed with me.......probably because I'm new..........Seems to be a catch 22, huh ?

As a former-senior mod on several other forums, I agree, spam is a real nuisance and blights the use of the 'WWW' as a whole, for all of us.

But the Internet is devised and utilized by highly motivated people, some of whom 'are not as stupid as we think'.

I agree that a "Report Spam" button would work best.

IMHO

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd PM him for you, but I'm a new member, so can't until I've made 20 posts

I guess I could make up 20 (see my post in suggestions/comments) by using the 'spam' page as another member suggested (when I suggested new members need not have 20 posts) but they disagreed with me.......probably because I'm new..........Seems to be a catch 22, huh ?

As a former-senior mod on several other forums, I agree, spam is a real nuisance and blights the use of the 'WWW' as a whole, for all of us.

But the Internet is devised and utilized by highly motivated people, some of whom 'are not as stupid as we think'.

I agree that a "Report Spam" button would work best.

IMHO
My post is two years old , that was when we had real Spam , upto 50 posts a day , its well sorted now :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts