Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My new GT Premium is being delivered Thursday. I need to get a suitable space saving spare wheel for it. The car is fitted with 19” wheels. Can a 18” space saver fit as there is one on ebay for auction. Also do I need any other bits to make it fit in the boot.
My old GT came with a spare fitted but this one didn’t have an option in the options.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are you saying that the car is being delivered without any spare at all???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are you saying that the car is being delivered without any spare at all???
Yes, the new facelift model doesn’t have a spare wheel any more

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was quite surprised when my 2019 3008 came with a spare wheel. The Qashqai I'd had previously from new had the dreaded compressor and tyre goop. More cost cutting from Peugeot.

You need to know the actual diameter of the space saver wheel to see if it will fit in the boot. It will have a "taller" tyre than your low-profiles but will probably be the same diameter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would think it will be fine when i bought my GT i bought a full size 19" alloy as an option and it fits fine the only downside is you can`t drop the boot floor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think it will be fine when i bought my GT i bought a full size 19" alloy as an option and it fits fine the only downside is you can`t drop the boot floor.
I prefer the floor level to be on the top level for easy loading so that’s not a problem. Don’t know if it comes with a jack either. Looking at the dealers who supply space savers they offer tool kits with them. I’ll wait and see what is included.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the new facelift model doesn’t have a spare wheel any more
Peugeot have changed the spec from when I had my first GT.
First GT came with a sun roof a phone charging plate and a 2 litre engine. It now comes with none of those but does have the focal system and auto parking. Don’t know what I prefer. The extra that I really like is the adaptive cruise and that is still included.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Buy a jack kit from ebay if needed it comes in a round container that sits inside the wheel neatly. With my GT it was a no brainer for an extra £100 for a full size tyre and alloy, i dont think they offer the option anymore. Wife just got a new 2008 GT and was told a spacesaver was a £200 option!!. Will look around and get what i need online and not from the stealers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts