Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don’t like not having a spare wheel in the 308 gti and wondered if anyone has found a donor car/ space saver that works. I know a 145/70 18 inch has been used but any other suggestions gratefully received, thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 308 GTi 250 came with one. I’d imagine other model 308s did also. Maybe search the local wreckers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
A 125/85 R16 will fit as a space saver, though only on the rear, because it wouldn't clear the brakes on the front of a 270.

The one i have came from a Citroen C4 Picasso i seem to remember and they are easily available on ebay.

That is an interesting note about the GTI 250; it must have a completely different exhaust to the 270. On a 270 there is no wheel well under the boot, and the 'tray' under the carpet is very shallow to allow more space underneath for the silencer that runs across the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A 125/85 R16 will fit as a space saver, though only on the rear, because it wouldn't clear the brakes on the front of a 270.

The one i have came from a Citroen C4 Picasso i seem to remember and they are easily available on ebay.

That is an interesting note about the GTI 250; it must have a completely different exhaust to the 270. On a 270 there is no wheel well under the boot, and the 'tray' under the carpet is very shallow to allow more space underneath for the silencer that runs across the car.
Same exhaust as far as I’m aware mate. It’s a pretty shallow space saver - just fits into a different foam housing to the 270 storage. We own both so I can compare if needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same exhaust as far as I’m aware mate. It’s a pretty shallow space saver - just fits into a different foam housing to the 270 storage. We own both so I can compare if needed.
Thats very interesting, i would have never thought a space saver would fit under there - any chance of a photo?

And why have Peugeot thought to not to include a spare in the 270, when the the 250 has one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats very interesting, i would have never thought a space saver would fit under there - any chance of a photo?

And why have Peugeot thought to not to include a spare in the 270, when the the 250 has one?
No probs, I’ll try grab one tonight.

From memory it was something to do with keeping the weight the same for both cars (ie 270 had heavier brakes / LSD).

·
Registered
91 Posts

I think it is to do with the space saver probably not fitting over the larger front brakes on the 270.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it is to do with the space saver probably not fitting over the larger front brakes on the 270.
But with any space saver on big braked cars you just put the space saver on the rear?

·
Registered
91 Posts
But with any space saver on big braked cars you just put the space saver on the rear?
Well of course on any front wheel drive I would put the space saver on the rear, but not everyone would do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts