Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone! got a quick question for you,

has anyone had any issues with the front pipe/cat to maifold blowing under load?

i have taken off the bracket a coupde of time now and refitted it, and just this evening i have fitted a brand new peugeot item, and still the prorblem of the blow is still there,

anyone had a similar problem, and how did you fix it?

thanks jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
If this is the magical almost ball joint connection that allows some engine movement WRT the exhaust, then yes.

After several attempts, including a new peugeot gasket kit, I added a couple of washers to the bolts so everything was assembled tighly - which was better. I then decided it was a good idea that didn't quite make it in the implementation and that it was as good as it was going to get. Then left it.

It seemed to settle down quite happily over time. Slightly noticeable when cold ideling but not noticeable when the engine was warm.

I was working on a 405 1.9L turbo diesel.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fryers said:
If this is the magical almost ball joint connection that allows some engine movement WRT the exhaust, then yes.

After several attempts, including a new peugeot gasket kit, I added a couple of washers to the bolts so everything was assembled tighly - which was better. I then decided it was a good idea that didn't quite make it in the implementation and that it was as good as it was going to get. Then left it.

It seemed to settle down quite happily over time. Slightly noticeable when cold ideling but not noticeable when the engine was warm.

I was working on a 405 1.9L turbo diesel.

Hope this helps.
thanks for the reply, i should have said what engine and model.

307 2.0 petrol xsi.

no gasket!! just ball and cup fitment,

·
Registered
36 Posts
G'Day,

On the 405 the gasket forms part of the ball. The socket is straight metal menifold.

The gasket sits around the end of the exhaust pipework and is held in place by a flange around the exhaust pipe section, about 10mm from the end. It sounds a little different to the arrangement on the 307.

The Haynes manual suggested copper or similar high temperature grease around the joint. In my experiance, this is very messy and does not add anything. Although my experiance is limited to the one car.

Good luck.

Simon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts