Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 308sw GT line 67 plate

It’s just been in for its 2 years service with no issues found. The

The sos button used to be working fine, since I’ve had car back it’s flashing a red light which shows there’s an issue with it.

I was just wondering is there anything I can do to reactivate it within the screen settings?. The screen went blank and wiped all my profiles and radio stations before it went in for the service.

Also another annoying issue, car has been in a few times but they can’t fix it as no error codes. When the LED headlights are left in manual position on the stalk and I turn engine on, a green note comes up on screen with an audible warning and the car then re- routes on satnav a list of the nearest garages and wipes out any route you had put in. Does this very frequently.

My rear 12v isn’t working - was going to change the fuse as it’s an easy job, but where exactly are the fuses ? This photo shows my view of glovebox fuse area.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The fusebox is a nightmare.

The car is under warranty, keep on at them until they get it fixed. You start messing and you get the blame for the problem.

·
Registered
852 Posts
You bought an expensive car for one main reason: You have a problem with the car, it's not your problem. Get to the dealers and get them to fix it. That's what you are paying for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car booked in

Thanks for the replies :)

Had the car booked in this week as have been in a for a hip injection at hospital. Had the car booked in on Saturday, but the garage called back to say they don't do diagnostics on a Saturday!

Also the under plastic tray on driver's side fell off whilst driving, luckily through a residential area so it was under 20mph. The tray hung off and had to get the AA out to assist, he couldn't get the tray back up so had to take the part hanging down off. Have asked them to fix this under warranty too as things shouldn't be fallen off the car but they've not mentioned anything yet till they inspect the car.

Garage say i'll have to pay a diagnostics charge for the LED issues. I've just had it in for it's 2 years service and it had diagnostics then and no error codes. Same last October. As they're not fining codes they don't seem to know what do next. I don't think I should be paying this fee to get the car checked under warranty again.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Take pictures / videos of the issues before it goes in & if the dealer wont play ball contact Peugeot customer service.

As for the under tray, check very carefully for any damage inflicted by speed bumps before blaming the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updates

Car has had it’s undertray looked at, despite a small part missing from it, garage say they’re happy with it and that’s the end of that. So good to get it looked at.

Car has been in for a full week.

SOS flashing red light fault, originally told it was a bit of software it needed. That’s now changed to it needing a part ordered in specific to my VIN number from France. That will arrive within 2 weeks.

Rattling on front of car had developed too, this has been found to be anti bar links worn on both sides, which has been fixed under warranty.

Rear 12v socket that wasn’t working was a fuse as I had thought, but couldn’t get into the fuses. That’s been fixed ??

The whole LED dipped beam issues remains outstanding and despite handing over a video to the garage of what happens, they’ve said they won’t do any work on lights unless fault appears when they’re looking at it to witness it. That’s not happened then.

“Also another annoying issue, car has been in a few times but they can’t fix it as no error codes. When the LED headlights are left in manual position on the stalk and I turn engine on, a green note comes up on screen with an audible warning and the car then re- routes on satnav a list of the nearest garages and wipes out any route you had put in. Does this very frequently.”

This escalated to an orange fixed service light, check dipped beam error message and the green dipped beam light was flashing, this time the dipped beams weren’t working via the stalk, but going outside and using the middle light button on the keys the dipped beam came on and off. It took several attempts of turning the car’s engine on and off to get the car to switch the lights on.

This has been going on for a year now, unless garage witness said fault, no error codes have been given, then they aren’t offering any solutions.

As this fault happens when parked and driving then it’s dangerous for the lights to switch off in the dark.

Anyone else had this issue with their LED dipped beams?

Have had a courtesy car which was appreciated! My own car has been in for a whole week and it’s only had the anti roll bar links fixed.

Good to have my car back but wish the LED’s were more reliable!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ask the garage to either look again at the reported / videoed fault with the lights & fix it OR they can await an email from Peugeot customer service when you contact them to complain.

Maybe send the video to Peugeot customer service along with your complaint.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unhappy ☹

Still no further forward

Over a year on at garage over the fault with LED’s as already described

As there’s been a deterioration, left light is weak, the lights are more yellow then the crisp white they used to be, also they dulled one the motorway which was dangerous as could hardly see road in front

I’ve sent in more photos etc

Peugeot customer care got back to me and it’s a terrible reply - the garage will deal with it and they’ve archived my complaint

Garage allegedly ordered a part for the SOS system which has a fault in September and nothing has materialised

Regarding the LED’s they say they need to witness the fault as it’s intermittent

Going to be saying goodbye to a loyal customer at this rate!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'd write to / Email Peugeot customer care with your dissatisfaction of sorting the issue out & make it clear unless its sorted this will be the last Peugeot you or your family ever buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts