Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally took my car for a diagnosis and the garage said this exactly: "suspect internal fault as failed block test." He said it would cost nearly £900 plus vat to fix this issue as well and even then it is not guaranteed it will be fixed fully. :(:(:(

It has gotten much worse the last few days since the snow/freeze from last week too and today the engine died on me till I restarted it again. It is even more juddery than ever. I am so pissed off as the dealers are claiming that they dissolved two weeks after I bought it and contacted them with the problem but I found out that their company is still legally active.

So far I have applied for a Charge Back through my bank but wish I paid with a credit card now instead of a debt card. Not sure what the success rate is for this but it could be one of my only hopes.

I also am going to pay the dealers a surprise visit tomorrow to see if they are still open and are lying. I am just not sure what will happen if they are as I doubt they will give me a refund but would they really try to repair it when it costs so much! ahhhhhhhhhhhh sorry I am just so stressed and sad right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He took some liquid out of my coolant and mixed it with something which apparently showed him that there is something internally wrong with the engine.. including all my other issues like the juddering, low fuel pressure code etc...

3 months warranty but the dealer is claiming they are dissolved. I contacted them 2 weeks after I got the car to ask them to repair it and they have been ignoring me and lying so now trying to go through a charge back claim through my bank which could take up to 60 days and I don't know what the success rate is...

What exactly is "failed block test"?
Also did you get a warranty?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It's a warranty actually through them or 3rd party?
Do you have the paperwork?

Juddering and low fuel pressure could well be the high pressure fuel pump. Especially given you have a THP.
It's either carbon build up, timing chain or fuel pump with these engines.

Still I'd rather have a flakey petrol RCZ than one with an anvil over the front axle ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is the garage has really good reviews and word of mouth but even they aren't 100% sure till they strip the car or put a camera down apparently to confirm any damage. Either way it all sounds too expensive for a car i bought less than 40 days ago.

As far as I am aware all their cars come with a 3 months warrant and yes i have all the paper work and books etc...

My bank seems to be confident that they could money back even if they really dissolved apparently? he said Monarch case is a good example of that.

It's a warranty actually through them or 3rd party?
Do you have the paperwork?

Juddering and low fuel pressure could well be the high pressure fuel pump. Especially given you have a THP.
It's either carbon build up, timing chain or fuel pump with these engines.

Still I'd rather have a flakey petrol RCZ than one with an anvil over the front axle ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically the blue liquid turned green, which from what I googled is a exhaust gas leak into coolant.. so it could be Fixes cracks and leaks in radiator, head gasket, freeze plugs, cylinder heads, heater core, water pump casing and engine blocks (google again) or just the whole engine needs changing as they are claiming?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your car has more than 1 problem the coolant issue will NOT affect fuel system pressure so thats 2 separate faults it MAY affect the combustion as it will weaken the mixture

Coolant getting exhaust gasses in it comes generally from head gasket or a cracked bore or head sometimes so NOT RADIATOR CORE PLUGS HEATER CORE OR WATER PUMP

Head and gasket can be fixed by replacing IF the bore is cracked then replacing engine is probably best option but without knowing whats wrong its pointless speculating.

Stop googling you will just get confused concentrate on getting the garage or warranty company to sort it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took a long trip to Peterborough to surprise the dealer and surprise surprise, the guy who I got the car off was there. To cut a very long story shirt (I filmed the whole thing from start till we left) he is claiming the company has closed and a new owner now owns it... but the same workers still work there :rolleyes: At first he was saying how i should just take them to court and being difficult till I told him I was filming the whole thing his attitude changed a bit. I noticed paperwork with the old companies name on it and told him I filmed it and that he has a sign still up with the companies name on it. Anyway, half an hour or so and he at the end said he will do us 'a favour'. He gave us a Warranty worth £1000 with something called Auto Guard Warrant. He said he registered it as if I bought the car today and said to call them in a weeks time to make a claim that my car stopped working. We asked for a receipt saying we got the car today but he said he can not do that and that they don't ask for one anyway. He said the garage will fix the car and they will pay up to £1000 and i pay the rest if it is more....

What are peoples opinion on this? I have already put in a claim for Chargeback claim through my bank and just waiting for the forms so I can send evidence.. so kind of torn with what to do now. I can use this video as evidence as well which means i might get all my £2490 back... which I would rather have but if I can try to fix the car and pay nothing towards it then try sell it I am happy with that too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We did say we did not want it and explained that is not fit for purpose but he insisted that is the best he can do. Basically he is saying my original warranty doesn't matter anymore cause the company has changed 'owners' so he made me a new one that apparently is worth £1000 if I decide to make a claim and get it repaired... they are dodgy as hell. I need to make sure I let people know to avoid them once I get their new company name.

Just reject the car as not fit for purpose he is just trying to fob you off hoping you will give up i thought you ALREADY had a warranty !

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The warranty is with a different company they are generally sold to you by the dealer but nothing directly to do with the dealer so unless he is really saying the WARRANTY company has went bust then he is talking bollox.

They wont have a new company name as IF they went bust for example they would have to cease trading at that point again they sound like they are talking more bollox

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Have you spoken to hose nice Trading Standards people?

This all sounds like the standard procedure for some back street car dealers. Getting a charge back is your best option. Another time pay a £100 deposit with a credit card, then you get the full safeguard.

And as Reliable says, the warranty would have been from a third party company and you should have the paperwork for it. If you don't then it's likely he never organised any warranty But you still have a claim under the Sale of Goods and Services Regulations 2002.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers guys, I am definitely going to go ahead with the charge back through my bank anyways. I emailed the company he gave me a warranty with to ask them what I have been given and for it to be sent to my email so I could have a read through it.

Trust me, I know he was talking a lot of BS... like i said i filmed it all on my phone, literally the whole thing for 30 minutes plus... and I will use it as evidence if needed. I had to go in person just to make sure that they have been lying to me and now i know and feel better about it. If my chargeback is successful I will be over the moon. If i am not mistaken I think i get to keep the car as well? not that I care about that bit as much but just out of principle I'd love to piss them off if that is the case.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I don't think you can get the money back AND keep the car, but you can probably demand that they come and fetch it.

Btw, if you filmed him offering you a back-dated warranty, that is evidence of fraud, as he was intent on defrauding the warranty company. If you were to accept that, you would be an accessory to the fraud. Once you have the money back, offer the video to Trading Standards.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why wait? Offer it now to Trading Standards.
If it is fraud, the police might also take an interest.

If you went back through the history of that company you might well find there is a regular change of company name or owner. Have you done a google search for the accurate company name? You can find lots of information that way. Companies House also may have the information.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Sounds to me like the dealer didn't take out a 3rd party warranty when you bought the car. Dealers don't have to take out a warranty, they just have to stand over the car for 3 months, so if they want to take the hit for replacement parts fitted by a garage or do the work in there own workshop that's up to them. Your problem is obviously the fact they've gone bust supposedly. My advice, DO NOT take the new warranty as that would be you settling with the garage. Either make them fix it, reject it, pursue the money back option or fight for an unlimited warranty and take the car somewhere else to get sorted.

We have a dealer review section where you can post your experience but best wait until things are sorted to name and shame.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I must repeat that a warranty issued when the car is known to be defective constitutes fraud by the dealer, and if the purchaser pursues a claim in that knowledge, equally by the purchaser.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
^This. Very true. If you claim on a warranty taken out knowing the car is broken, the warranty company has a claim against you. And as the dealer will put it in your name, they will equally claim to know nothing about it when the company comes knocking. And all the info is now on a public forum that you know about it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Give the warranty company access to your evidence, get a charge back refund, which should mean you give up title to the car, why would you want it anyway?, it sounds like a dog to me.
Have nothing more to do with the car or the dealer, find a reputable dealer and buy your next car.

Roger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts