Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hi to you all from a soon to be 307 owners looking at a few locally just weighing up the right one for me. any tips or advise on what to look for would be very grateful.
Thanks, M

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gibbo, I am in wiltshire. I am looking at two cars at the moment a 1.4hdi on a 53 plate with 34k silver, or the 54 plate 2.0l hdi S 90 with 68k on the clock?
liking the 54 plate at the moment for more power and its black.
::)

·
11,778 Posts
Good stuff. Have a look on the Planet Map thread and find someone local to give it the once over with the diagnostics before you buy.

Not sure if its too new for you but a friend of mine is selling a 2007 1.6 5 door 307 in black, 37,000 miles, fully serviced. Taxed until end December, tested until August 2013, and wanting £4600.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the 90hp 2.0 seems to be less problems then the cars with particulate filter.

i have never driven a 1.4 hdi though. my 2.0 is fast enough but not lightening fast lol

·
11,778 Posts
You're right, the 90 bhp is without the DPF. But if the car is maintained it really shouldn't cause problems.

I wouldn't bother with the 1.4 unless you're going to remap it for more power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. Well the deed is done i have just purchased the 54 plate. 2.0l hdi. picked up a few things on inpection,such as heatet inop, rear suspension noise. trim etc. so hopefully home by this time next week.
I am glad to here the 90 doesn't have a cat so only the small worry now that of the dual mass fly wheel. Does anyone know if this vehicle has the fuel additive tank fitted.?

:lol::thumb:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the 2.0 90hp does not have a dual mass flywheel

no additive tank as the car wont have a particulate filter

when i come to buy a new pug im going to be gutted having to put up with all this new stuff haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remapping

Thanks everyone for the advise. I will be hopefully picking up the car on friday.
I have been looking into gettting the windows tinted and having the ecu mapped. any suggestions? i understand it will improve proformance and fuel economy, but is there any danger of engine damage?
:lol::)

·
Registered
437 Posts
99% of 90's dont have the particulate filtration system but there's always the occasional red herring.

You can map the 90's too. Contact HDI Tunig if you're serious about getting it mapped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts