Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calm down boys, it's not what you think! I gave my 407 2.0 hdi sw to a local independent to change the timing belt at 140,000 miles. A week later my wife was reversing out of the drive and I noticed that the undertray was flapping around. On checking underneath, there were no fixings in place bar the cable tie that holds a cracked section onto a chasis member. I dropped into the garage when passing in my other car to discuss this suggesting that they'd forgotten to put the fixing screws in or over tightened them and they'd fallen out. "Nah mate," advised the proprietor and mechanics,"sometimes they just jiggle out."
It's seems more than coincidental that after this long and me removing and replacing the undertray when messing around with the more straighforward mechanics that this has happened. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
They are made not to jiggle out , its as bad as waiting too long for a taxi and he says "i had a flat wheel" ,
No you didn`t your hands are clean :mad:

So No garage man they didn`t jiggle out you Big Fat Liar :nono:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mine came loose in the high winds fortnight ago, and snapped, with some bits missing. When I got a look underneath most of the steel clips that where left where rusted rotten., and had lost some of the pins. Bought a new 3rd party tray, which was a nightmare to fit having to reshape most of the holes. Had to by all new clips, which come in packs of 10 when you need 13:mad::mad: and some new pins. Seems to be secure at minute.
Happy days.
Malcolm.

C

·
0 Posts
The clips that hold the pins are crap and after time they are useless, I've put my pins back in knowing the were secure and later on they just fall out, I now use cable ties plus it forces anyone working on my car to replace the cable ties so I know it's secure.

You can buy new clips for the pins on ebay.

C

·
0 Posts
Depends on how many where there in the first place, some cars I've looked at lately have had pins thrown in the engine compartment, left on top of struts and near bulk head, even found snap on spanners.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I did the oil change on a mates Vectra. He rang to ask if he really needs the plastic bit under the engine (It was held in by numerous tie wraps and smashed to bits) and I said not really why are you going to take it off?

He said No mate , its in the middle lane on the M62 think Il just leave it there eh :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts