Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a clear patch on my driveway at the weekend. It's a clear liquid and smells like WD40'ish. About the size of a 50p coin. Front centre under the engine bay.

Any ideas what might be leaking?

In for a 60k mile service next Monday so will get them to check everything.

·
5,043 Posts
aircon.................just condensation from the compressor i believe, mine does it as well

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think that but not used the air con since I have had the car (couple of months), only had climate control on full temp (not even on Auto). :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
I can get quite a patch after the air con has been on.... size of a dinner plate in the summer.... right in the middle, but under drivers seat area - you can see it dripping down. Apparently totally normal according to the book.

Back to original post.... may look clear when on the floor, but unlikely to be if its has leaked from the car. Have you checked for any leaks of brake fluid or power steering fluid?

·
Registered
821 Posts
even if you dont use the auto aircon setting, it still migth be on. otherwise, if you have A/C Off displayed, then its definitely off.

although, aircon would generate lot more than just that small amount of water. check everything jmkent said and the coolant pipes and radiator, might be the coolant liquit with antifreeze. touch it, does it feel sticky or oily, or just like water?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I am aware air con drips when used, but have defo not been using aircon. It's a clear liquid, feels and smells a bit oily.

It's going in on Monday for a service so will get them to check everything. :shrug2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had service and all fine, yippee. The leaking is not leaking, but as you say the air con compressor does drip condensation even when only using hot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmm...I don't think this is the air con dripping.

I hadn't noticed but after a few weeks the patch on the drive is now the size of a sheet of A3 paper. (stained). So obviously built up after a few weeks. I didn't notice as I leave home and get home in the dark every day.

I does not smell, but is clear and a bit oily looking. Could be diesel perhaps leaking from the fuel pump or fuel filter?

No warning lights on and have never had any.

EDIT:

Just checked brake fluid levels, water, power steering level. All seem fine. Just had car running for 5 mins, can't see anything leaking/dripping. The engine undertray is covered in black gunge so perhaps a previous owner had a leak, which is not there now and the air con condensation dripping is dripping onto that and then dripping that gunk onto my driveway?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

Another close inspection and strong smell of diesel. Took engine top cover off and can see straight away one of the injectors is leaking.

Back to garage then next week as still under extended warranty. :thumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:mad:

Booked into garage of Friday. They inform me that the fuel injectors are no covered under the extended warranty I bought. Typical. :nono:

They will look and let me know.

If not, how much as I looking at for repair/replace of leaking injector please? May then have to shop around. :confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called warranty company and yep, leaks not covered so the injectors are not covered.

Garage said "well not sure until we look at it, could be £200-£300 for a new injector, plus labour as they can be difficult to get out". :eek:

Here we go again... :nono::mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well they tightened up the pipe to the injector and seems to have cured the leak. They charged me £41 for using a spanner (half hour labours) and I noticed they did 9 miles in it to test it.

Nice :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts