Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right where to start.
the car in mention is a hdi 110 sw 2.0

i brought the car few weeks ago the turbo would start and hiss so check air intake one of the joins was loose no hissing and was running alot better,

then started to get unblock diesel filter and started to over heat so changed the filter and fitted a new coolant sensor no more over heating and no more error.

but since the turbo will only boost when its cold when gets up to perfect temp it doesnt seem to kick in i have no smoke at all so im led to believe the turbo is fine but maybe its just being starved of air but can see where the air filter looks in good condition.

im not sure what the pipe next to the air intake how ever its attached to a little radiator (to me thats what it is) im guessing thats a pipe for the turbo i had to take this of to to reach the coolant sensor is has like a flap that was open i have no idea what this does.

any suggestions welcome to check but im a complete novoice when it comes to this.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Have you had the car fault read to identify any fault codes?

When the turbo stops working, have you tried turning the engine off for a few minutes and re-starting it?

The radiator style device that you describe sounds like the intercooler. Check the upper and lower intercooler pipes for leaks/splits etc. Next have a look from underneath at the front face of the engine block. There are 3 electro valves, the lower one is the turbo control solenoid. These valves run vacuum pipes. Check that all the pipes are connected. When tracing the vacuum hoses you will come across the vacuum reservoir which is a black box about 10" x 5" make sure this is intact.

If it all checks out you may need to replace the turbo control solenoid that I mentioned earlier. Have a search on here for previous threads on them. The problem here is that I haven't come across a way to test them if they're thought to be at fault and they are about £45 to replace.

I'm not too sure what else could be causing it unless the waste gate is sticking open when hot but this is beyond my expertise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts