Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and googled, but I cannot find the 508 software update utility for pc.

I see it talked about all the time, but when I go to peugeot site enter my vin it says Australia is not supported.

Could some one link me the utility, as I would like to try that instead of being fobbed off by the dealer telling me there has been no updates since 2020 for the Australian market firmware or maps.

· Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I have searched and googled, but I cannot find the 508 software update utility for pc.

I see it talked about all the time, but when I go to peugeot site enter my vin it says Australia is not supported.

Could some one link me the utility, as I would like to try that instead of being fobbed off by the dealer telling me there has been no updates since 2020 for the Australian market firmware or maps.
Yes, it appears this is no longer available in the UK either. They seem to be moving towards a web based version solution. If you go to the Peugeot web site and select the 'Owners' tab and go to 'Map Updates' it invites you 'Please enter your VIN' which will then inform you if an update is available for the maps and hopefully for the touchscreen. I have not seen an update yet, but when I last used the PC Update program it redirected me to the web.
I hope it works as well eventually as the PC version did when I next need an update.

· Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Yes, it appears this is no longer available in the UK either. They seem to be moving towards a web based version solution. If you go to the Peugeot web site and select the 'Owners' tab and go to 'Map Updates' it invites you 'Please enter your VIN' which will then inform you if an update is available for the maps and hopefully for the touchscreen. I have not seen an update yet, but when I last used the PC Update program it redirected me to the web.
I hope it works as well eventually as the PC version did when I next need an update.
Actually I've just found the download links for the update programs for both the MS PC and the Mac PC. Just installed on a laptop and it appears to work same as before, but I still don't have updates for my VIN.
PC is https://fr.ndp.awsmpsa.com/majesticinstaller/peugeot_update.exe
Mac is https://fr.ndp.awsmpsa.com/majesticinstaller/peugeot_update.dmg
I found the links for them here:
How to install Peugeot Update App? (my-customerportal.com)

• Helpful
Reactions: PeteA

· Premium Member
1,062 Posts
now to wait for the slow download to progress :p
Yes, don't get too excited, it takes forever. I usually do it over night, start it off before going to bed and let it run. It will first to the download, then format the USB so when I have to get up during the night I kick off the USB format part and then let it continue doing the extraction to USB. It's then ready to install when I get up. To install the maps takes about 1hr15 if you do all the countries, but just under 0hr30 to do just the UK for me. Touchscreen updates takes about 0hr30 too from memory last time I did it. They say you can drive during the map update, but it's not recommended during the TS update as some functions do not work.
Good luck mate.

· Registered
508 SW GT-Line - Ultimate Red
5 Posts
Be advised that you need a 32BG or larger USB drive, the system refused to play ball with the only one I had.. I tried it twice, which is a bit of a pain as it appears that you have to download the software each time and can't point the PC software off to the previous download.. not difficult, just time consuming.

Just waiting for a new 64GB stick to arrive today to try again.

· Registered
3 Posts
Yes, don't get too excited, it takes forever. I usually do it over night, start it off before going to bed and let it run. It will first to the download, then format the USB so when I have to get up during the night I kick off the USB format part and then let it continue doing the extraction to USB. It's then ready to install when I get up. To install the maps takes about 1hr15 if you do all the countries, but just under 0hr30 to do just the UK for me. Touchscreen updates takes about 0hr30 too from memory last time I did it. They say you can drive during the map update, but it's not recommended during the TS update as some functions do not work.
Good luck mate.
I picked up my 508 SW on Sunday and was a little miffed to see it immediately needed an update to both the firmware and the nav.

Based on what you've said there, that's a 60 minute install - do people really sit on the drive with the engine running for an hour to do the update?! I've come from a car with OTA updates...

· Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I picked up my 508 SW on Sunday and was a little miffed to see it immediately needed an update to both the firmware and the nav.

Based on what you've said there, that's a 60 minute install - do people really sit on the drive with the engine running for an hour to do the update?! I've come from a car with OTA updates...
That’s what I do. I install them on both my 508 and the wife’s 208 so I can say It halve the time!
As said you can drive while the mapping is updating and keep coming back to the update screen, but I’ve never tried it. I can’t drive both at the same time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts