Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My car tried to do an update but now on screen I'm getting update please wait to download etc. Then after a few minutes it goes bk to doing the update.. takes 2 hours so I let it try 3 times. It's booked in with the dealer next week to fix but I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem and what the fix is. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have seen this happen before. Disconnect the battery for 5 minute should fix it if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi no that hasn't fixed it. Even took it to the dealer and they don't know what the Matter is. It's booked in for diagnostic test next week but they have told me I may have to pay to get it fixed because I tried to do the update myself but I did what Peugeot told me to do in 1st place. It just won't reset itself

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok well thought it might help.

Try holding either the src button down, or the menu button down for about 10-20 seconds.

One of them forces a reboot if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes tried that too. And if Peugeot can't fix it well I don't know. They cudnt get it to reset either.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Did you try downloading the update again and reimaging the USB drive again just in case the firmware is corrupt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. I let it do the download.took 2 hours then it went to please wait screen then it kept going bk to doing the download... After the 3rd time (6hrs in total) I gave up and took usb out and turned car off. Then I got an update error 33 code

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok well guess PSA will have to replace the unit.

On you paying for it because you don't it, you dealership is talking garbage.

Peugeot allow owners updates due to the fact they have clear instructions on the update procedure and download from their own website for owners,. Explain that to them and as long as you car is in warranty you should not have any issues with a warranty claim.

This is all of course the head unit is an RCC or NAC system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still waiting on my car being fixed. In the garage from 20th Feb and no further forward. Peugeot have agreed to give me a hire car today.. all very frustrating.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE... After 1 month in the dealers garage I finally got my car back. Bosch supplied a new computer. The service has been slow and I'm not happy about the aftersales. Doubt I'll buy another one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dealerships can be a hit or miss tbh. I'm lucky we have a great dealership that has a good reputation, just down the road from me.

Glad you got it fixed. Have they offered any type of compensation (free service perhaps?)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
FWIW: You wont get any joy out of Bosch as there a German company.

It's fixed, you have the car back so I would forget about it - theres more important things in life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts