Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple of things i think should be updated and changed in future software

changing radio station (steering wheel controls)

so presets are fine with the scroll wheel (scroll and station changes straight away) but when you press list, the scroll doesn't play the station. you have to press the scroll button on station, then press list and scroll to next station and press againg just to hear another station

Android auto message

if you get a message with AA (whatsapp or text) you have to press on the notification to hear the message read out to you. There should be a way to press a button on the steering wheel to play the message. could even be the left stalk button as i think this is just another voice control button

bonus

voice control for temp would be nice. it shouldn't be hard as its all through the screen anyway

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
voice control for temp would be nice. it shouldn't be hard as its all through the screen anyway
I'm with you for this upgrade, altering the heating and ventilation controls whilst driving and without a passenger to assist is a dangerous distraction.

I had voice control of the A/C on my Focus and it was one of the few voice control features where I could make myself understood and actually used from time to time.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Allure with 8 way electric massage seat - add a default setting. There is no way to default the seat to off unless you have ambience pack!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would love a quick way to enable/disable navigation voice

Oh and if it actually respected your choice to read aloud street names or not, that would be awesome too!! Because that checkbox is currently just there for decoration it seems.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
A button....a big bloody massive button to disable stop / start
‘A big bloody massive button’ is a hardware change and not a software change as you are obviously aware.

Anyway, what’s wrong with stop / start? You’ll get used to it!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would ask them to reconfigure the radio system to allow Traffic Announcements to break into mainline radio stations rather than having to returned to local stations all the time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Only a few requests.
Navigate to a street number. Currently can only navigate to a street. From there you're on your own.:cautious:
Dictate a text (the presets are mostly useless.. and who can remember them anyway.)
Turn off voice guidance for navigation.

And the biggie. Wireless Andriod Auto :giggle:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The navigate to a street number was always possible. The problem is the TomTom map/cartography data that might not be there - probably a downunder map limitation.
And you can turn off the voice guidance, but it's a global option and you need to set it in the menu.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Navigate to a street number. Currently can only navigate to a street. From there you're on your own.:cautious:

And the biggie. Wireless Andriod Auto :giggle:
Are you sure? Mine navigates to a street number (or did — I must admit I haven’t used it since V16 and now having CarPlay.

Oh, and I have wireless CarPlay using the Car2Play dongle — thought there was something similar for AA

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are you sure? Mine navigates to a street number
It never has. I will test again with this latest update, though I believe it's firmware related, not maps.

I'll check out the AA dongle option. (y)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It's definitely not firmware related. I've had that street number option in all versions since the 5.x.x.x firmware.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's definitely not firmware related. I've had that street number option in all versions since the 5.x.x.x firmware.
Well, I tried giving a street address, by voice command, including the house number, but the NAC just wouldn't take it. No matter how I spoke the command ( street first, then number. Number first, then street), it just does not recognise numbers in the destination. I can type it in, but that defeats the purpose of voice commands.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well, I tried giving a street address, by voice command, including the house number, but the NAC just wouldn't take it.
Ah, sorry -- I misunderstood -- I was referring to setting the number by typing it in. Just my experience (BMW, Audi, MB, Renault and Peugeot) but all voice command systems are...er...inadequate!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts