Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to repairing my 207. 1.4L vti petrol sport. In the haynes manual it recommends 1/2 drive socket set. Is this correct? Or is 1/4 or 3/8 one better? Or a mix?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
All will work in specific applications. However, some bolts e.g. bellhousing bolts, will need at least a 1/2" drive to undo and nuts like those securing the sideshaft to the hub will probably need at least a 3/4" drive socket/breaker bar and a good knowledge of 4 letter words...

Horses for courses...

·
Registered
318 Posts
You probably want 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" plus at least two of each size spanners in ring, open ended and combination :lol:

A decent 1/2" drive set is a good start, and a (cheap will do to begin with) 1/4" with a good selection of torx and hex bits. Oh, and a torque wrench.

Halfords pro tools are a good combination of price and quality (especially when on offer, or if you know anyone with a trade card).

It depends just how involved you want to get as to whether anything more becomes worthwhile.

·
Registered
870 Posts
as above, but you can go on and on, trolley jacks , axel stands, lump hammer and chisels.

sometimes takes me longer to wade through the tool shed to find tools than do the job.

only thing i will add to the list for the home tinkerer is a breaker bar is a must.

what job you doing?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Breaker bar is a good shout, I couldn't do what's in the pic without one...

Axle stands are an absolute must for anything wheels off, even if you're 'only' using the included jack...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts