Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got 1996 1.8D in inca blue :D. No sunroof for £350. Starts every time and its arse seems to love its head but its a awesome car to bomb about in. I used to steal my mums when I was a kid and rag it round the back roads but after 2 years in a ford KA it feels awesome to get back into the seat of a old banging diesel engine and know i get good MPG and a car that just wont say no. Give one up for the 205 one of the only decent things to come out of France ;) only jokin.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You all have big engined ones, I have a 957cc one. Its nippy, economical 50+ mpg ish and dirt cheap to insure only £105 per year and tax is fairly low cost. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have a 205 GTi I converted to a 2.3 Mi16 engine which was heavily modified.
It produces 270bhp normally aspirated petrol engine. For sure it flies, but got bad mpg :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
WOW! That was scary!!

I clicked this topic, saw the OP's picture and thought ''Thats my car and my picture'' looked at the user name and realised I joined this forum a while ago, while I had my 205... How I miss her... I didn't realise I was already registered, Whooops :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All.

I have a 1990 5dr 205 1.6 carb Auto in white, with optional PAS and electrics pack. It has done only 47K miles from new and has a full Pug main dealer history.

It's my second 205 Auto - I had a red 3 dr a few years ago. I don't gravitate towards the autos necessarily - it's just that they are often well cared for low mileage cars in nice order.

The auto is good to drive. The engine has plenty of guts and the lock up top gear gives relaxed and economical cruising. they are a bit juicy around town - 35-37 mpg is typical but this quickly clears 40 mpg on any kind of decent run.

They are an overlooked model in my view and they make an ideal town car. I like them very much indeed.

Martin.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I checked up the history of my 205's ...

My first car has been off-road since 2009 and my second 205 (K reg) is still on the road - woop woop ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I just joined this forum right now !! :D
I own a 1.8 Diesel 205, the yellow ones, that where suppose to be taxis for a country (I'm not sure which one). Im from Malta :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
hello, i own one of the very few "A" reg 205's left, its got 125k on the clock, firsst registered on the 4th of april 1984 as far as i know one of the very first units to be sold in the uk, it was written off, cat c a few years ago and has been sitting in the garage since, have owned it since nov 2005 and it never gave me any trouble, if it hadnt been for a woman van driver crashing on the side of it...

it is a 1.6 gti and guess what it does bloody handle like a go kart! i have a lot of different cars and not a lot compares! sure to put a smile on anyones face!

still runs and sounds perfect and starts at the turn of the key!! rain or shine!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Red Peugeot 205 "G" Reg

We need to make room in our household and unfortunately I have to say goodbye to my little GEM - Peugeot 205 1.6 Automatic, 4 doors.Can anyone give an idea of what it may sell for?

:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 205 mi16 made from a 1.6gti.This is my 3rd one I have built now.

just got some welding to do on the N/S seal and then its of for its MOT.

I cant wait to get it on the road.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had a D reg 205 1.6gti once, (18 years ago!!! :eek:) i was 19 so the insurance cost nearly as much as the car!

owned it for 11 days before it got nicked, never to be seen again.....:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two. A 1.8 GRD which i adore and spend fortunes on. Bought by my nana in 1992 and now i have it. I have had it for the past year.

1.8 GRDT which i am currently doing up. Dad hates it as it takes up room on the drive, its going to the scrap yard so he thinks but it isnt, it is staying on the drive!

Haha. Love them both when they arent in the garage.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.