Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id make a post for all us 205 drivers :)

If u own a pug 205 tell me about it !!!

I have a '92 Reg 205, 1.8 TURBO diesel, 5 door in white...

:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
2o5 owner also

Ive owned my Lreg 205 1.9gti for 5years and my misses wants me to get rid of it. NO CHANCE lol. Its immaculate and talk about puttin a smile on your face. Hammer it but cautious from lift off oversteer. Caught me out a few times when first had it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 1.9gti in all out rally trim.Cams,S.B close ratio box,coil overs etc.Really miss driving the pug,it was in a slight fire,but will be out in 2009 in Barbados.:nod:

S

·
0 Posts
Used to have a 205 1.8 diesel as my first car

Loud, slow, rattly, very twitchy round roundabouts, 2 complete brake failures :eek:, multiple trips to the scrapyard

But saying that i absolutely loved it, would love to know if its still alive!!

And why hasnt bjzyxty been banned yet?? :cursing:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i drive a 205 g reg 1.4gr 5 door only done 37k and two keepers from new and im one of them :)

the keeper be for me has not smoked or had pets in the car
and has a fsh

i got to say the power for only a 1.4 is very good faster at pull off then my old 106 xsi 1.6

got to say this is about one of the best peugeiots i have had :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi there nice to here from another 205 owner, ive been restoring my 1987 phase 1 gti 1.9 after she was off the road for 12 years, how long have you owned yours and are you in any clubs. look forward to your reply, dan

C

·
0 Posts
Stubbo said:
Used to have a 205 1.8 diesel as my first car

Loud, slow, rattly, very twitchy round roundabouts, 2 complete brake failures :eek:, multiple trips to the scrapyard
They steered beautifully but the way that wayward back end would unload was rather lairy. I always poo my pants giggling when young kids buy them and chunter away on the forums about the "go kart" handling. Yeah, right. I see a lot of go-karts in ditches...

I always fancied one since my brother had a 1.6 GTi in Sorrento (I always preferred the lively nature of the 1.6 to the slightly lumpen 1.9) but vowed not to bother unless I found a museum piece. Prices are tumbling hard (I can name several folk who paid £4000 to £5000 for 'mint' 205s and now can't shift them onwards for £3k or less) and 'mint' rarely truly means 'mint'. Last one I looked at was undoubtedly clean, tidy and honest but the partial respray, as well done as it was, was evident to any petrolhead with eyes and no way was the owner going to pry £4k out of me for a car that wasn't totally museum standard.

I love 'em, but until the typical car seller reads a dictionary before including the words 'mint' and 'immaculate' in an ad, and when they finally realise that recent selling precedent has shown that even genuinely pristine models aren't selling for North of £4k any more, I doubt I'll be buying one. It's gonna be a 104 at a fifth the price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
:) I used to, does that count?
T'was a red 1.9 K reg with air con / power steering and a sun roof that leaked everytime you went round corners...oh and the worse idling ever.

Bought it for £1400 back in 2003 (60k on the clock) and sold it back to the same local garage about 4 years later for £800. Thankfully the guy is just restoring it and keeping it as a "Sunday car". Would break my heart to see some 16 year old adding fibre glass bits and stripes etc to it, and wrapping it round a tree.
Was "Sorned" more than it was on the road. Hum ho.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi gemma its a shame you sold it with that many miles on it,
i owned a j reg miami blue one in 2003 too but that had about 11500 miles on it and i thought that was pretty good.
think thats how i caught the 205 bug!
have you any plans to invest in another one and where are you from?
dan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Dan, sorry for the late reply, just outta hospital.

Nah, I'd never buy another one. Remembered fondly, but I'd be terrified to have 2 car seats in the back!! Definitely not an "every day" car for me now at my age. :)

I'm from Dundee originally but live around the Kinross area now.
You?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hiya gemma sorry to hear you was in hospital i hope it was nothing major.
mine isn't my every day car i'll just use it at weekends to mess about in when it finally gets completed,
i live in the northampton area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I'm on my 5th 205 GTi. The first was a lovely red 1.6 with low miles, but that along with the 2nd & 4th got written off. The 3rd got stolen.

The current 205 isn't exactly standard, basically its my trackcar pounding the Nurburgring every year. Tweaked Mi16, Bilstein suspension, uprated TBs and ARBs, rollcage etc.

The 'puts you in a hedge backwards' quote is quite common amongst 205 owners, but myself along with several other longterm 205 GTi owners have never had a problem with that. Usually a snappy backend on them is due to crap tyres (avoid Pirelli P6000s), too much pressure in the rear tyres (about 26-28psi is all you need) or the rear beam bearings/bushes/mountings are shagged.

Otherwise, learn how to use Lift-Off-Oversteer to your advantage. Or just don't lift off the throttle when approaching a corner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi alan your car sounds pretty cool are you in any local clubs?
Ive allways fancied putting an mi16 in my 205 but i wouldn't like to upset the handling too much.
Is there much diference?
Dan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dan said:
Hi alan your car sounds pretty cool are you in any local clubs?
Ive allways fancied putting an mi16 in my 205 but i wouldn't like to upset the handling too much.
Is there much diference?
Dan.
No difference really when compared to a GTi. Suspension wise mines running the GrpN Bilstein shocks, 309 wishbones (for a bit more negative camber), 309front ARB (stiffer), 309 rear beam with thicker 306 ARB and Citroen ZX trailing arms (0 toe and more negative camber). Oh, a TransX LSD and 2.4turns lock to lock steering rack :) (Not forgetting the Safety Devices cage too)

I was going to build a hybrid engine for it, by using a GTi6 block & head, 1.9 Mi16 crank, oversized pistons for 2.2litres. But I think the shell is bent after kissing armco at the 'Ring. Car may well be broken up.

BMW trackcar next probably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I used to have a 205 Roland Garros. It was the best thing ever and I loved it, sadly I had to see it go when I got my company car and it is something I have regretted it ever since!! I would love to know if it is still about and still in the mint original condition I sold it in.

REG was H725 CJU.

S

·
0 Posts
According to askmid it isnt on the insurance database at the moment

So its either being driven illegally... or its gone to car heaven! :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
:worship:
Alan_M said:
Otherwise, learn how to use Lift-Off-Oversteer to your advantage. Or just don't lift off the throttle when approaching a corner.
LOVING IT LOL
DONT LIFT OFF IS THE BEST CURE AS SCAREY AS IT CAN GET!!, ONLY HAD BACK END AHEAD OF THE FRONT ON A ROUNDABOUT ONCE RACING A 106 GTI. LOSS OF CONCENTRATION, (PUSHING IT TO MUCH LOL) NEVER HIT A THING AND CONTROLED IT WELL.
:wave:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dan said:
mine isn't my every day car i'll just use it at weekends to mess about in when it finally gets completed,
i live in the northampton area.
DAN CHECK MY AREA LOCATION UNDER MY NAME. :lol: :nod: :thumb: LOL WHERE IN THE TOWN ARE YOU AND DO YOU STILL HAVE A 205.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts