1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2003 Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI SW 90. 112k

No eml or other lights showing

Wives car had no power under 2.5rpm so after a little research decided to disconnect the MAF. Miles better. Before replacing, i'd read a little more and some people have said a brand new one put the back to having no power. So i wanted to check a few things before buying.

EGR
Turbo vacuum lines
Idle control valve

Can anyone point out where these are in the below picture as i can't find any of them!

image by Ian Turner, on Flickr

Have it booked in for a big service at my local ATS tomorrow to do oil and filter, pollen filter, air filter, top up all fluids where required, can anyone else think of what else they should be doing? It just seems like i am paying a lot of money for someone to do 55 visuals checks on the car!

There's a few more issues to address but this priority.

Cheers,

Ian

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
2.0 hdi i believe, egr is back left corner of engine just down the back left you will feel a small rubber pipe if you pull the pipe off and put something in to block the rubber pipe like a golf tee then that will disconnect the egr

dont forget to get the fuel filter changed too

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.0 hdi i believe, egr is back left corner of engine just down the back left you will feel a small rubber pipe if you pull the pipe off and put something in to block the rubber pipe like a golf tee then that will disconnect the egr

dont forget to get the fuel filter changed too
Do you have a photo or could you circle it on my engine bay? I don't think I should go pulling off pipes, I'd probably disconnect the wrong thing lol

oh yeh, good shout on the fuel filter they are doing that i just forgot!

Ian

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that was very easy. Thanks for the pictures, I'd searched high and low over the internet and couldn't find that! Took minutes!

Can really hear the turbo now i've got the power back. How easy is it to check the vacuums for leaks? Is it a under the car job?

Cheers,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arh, ok I guess this is the other end of the pipe I blocked off :D

I've disconnected the blue plug aswell. I also got a second hand MAF today for £14, changed it over in the scrap yards car park and bingo, back to normal.

I am convinced the vacuum that opens the waste gate is split though and opening slightly because the turbo is a lot louder than normal. If anyone has any pictures of this pipe or where i can find it that would be great.

cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
90 hp turbos do not have vacuum control they are boost controlled old style turbos

Only 110s have vacuum control and the vac CLOSES the wastegate not opens
Ha, would explain why I can't find anything online! What/where would you suggest I start checking?

Its in for a service so if its obvious hopefully they will pick it up

Cheers,

Ian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts