Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First registered November 2015, so should still be in warranty. Contacted Peugeot Customer Care and asked about this being transferred to me. Got reply, talk to the DVLA!

Do the Customer Care people actually read what people ask, or do they just lack brain cells?

Just to add to the confusion, it started life in Northern Ireland and now has a UK 65 plate, so Peugeot's records only refer to the old plate. Add to that, the Service booklet was never filled in (well the one I was given) by the selling dealer. It only has more recent service history.

Nice car though. Blue HDi 120 Allure.

· Registered
613 Posts
I never asked for warranty to be transferred to me for my two Peugeots, just visited my local dealer and had no problems.

You contacted Peugeot direct have you not visited and talked to your local dealer about the warranty being valid with some service history being missing?
I would have thought he would be able to look the history on his computer.

Have you been to MyPeugeot website and registered yourself and car there?

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't had chance to go to dealer, but did get confirmation from Peugeot Customer Services that the warranty is valid, and as you said, it goes with the vehicle.

I'll have a look at the my Peugeot website.

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up about the My Peugeot site, registered there and immediately offered free map update, which I downloaded.

· Registered
613 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about the My Peugeot site, registered there and immediately offered free map update, which I downloaded.
I have that waiting to download.
Please let me know how it went on doing the upgrade when you run it please, my past one was done by my dealer that was the way to get free ones, glad now we can officially do our own.

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, once I had followed the correct procedure, it all started. Had to stop the engine though and only 1 country had been loaded. Went out again tonight and it stuck on "checking compatibility" for 20 minutes.

I'll try again tomorrow.

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't realise that if you stop halfway through, you have to go through the full procedure of selectin maps again, though you don't need the code again.

Twice now though it finished one country, then stuck on the next, not loading. Had to turn off, wait a bit, then start again.
It is annoying that you can't just leave it updating, the engine has to be running. You might think they would have had some sort of override to allow the update to continue after the engine is turned off. Not eco friendly.

· Registered
613 Posts
Glad you managed it, going to get a 8gb usb memory and then do mine.
Just how is the code you mention given in the first place?
I only really need UK and possibly Ireland (not planning Europe at this time).
So from what you say is it 1 or 2 to select for UK and Ireland?
My old Tom Tom I just used to do the whole of Europe as one.
Thanks

· Registered
905 Posts
I found that if you just select 3 Countries at a time it will install them without interruption. It did manage 4 once but any more will result in it stopping the install somewhere along the list.

Al. :thumb:

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, that seems to be what I'm experiencing.

The code was given to me as the download started. This assumes you get free updates form Peugeot. Just make sure you note it down carefully. I copied it into a Word document and printed it to be sure I made no mistake.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, like you I bought a 2015 308, and registered on the Peugeot website. I entered my VIN, and did everything, the site does not offer me the free maps upgrade though. I guess I have to register the existing software, and for this I need the serial number. Could you tell me how you found out your serial number to download for free? Thank you very much.

· Registered
87 Posts
Hello, like you I bought a 2015 308, and registered on the Peugeot website. I entered my VIN, and did everything, the site does not offer me the free maps upgrade though. I guess I have to register the existing software, and for this I need the serial number. Could you tell me how you found out your serial number to download for free? Thank you very much.
I dont Think your model have the free Update.

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When was your 308 first registered? The free updates only started in June or July 2015, so if yours was first registered before that it wouldn't apply.
You should look at the topic about updates to see how to get them for your car, apart from paying an arm and leg.

· Registered
5,942 Posts
When was your 308 first registered? The free updates only started in June or July 2015, so if yours was first registered before that it wouldn't apply.
You should look at the topic about updates to see how to get them for your car, apart from paying an arm and leg.
Being a 65 plate (yes I read it was first registered in NI) would suggest late 2015 early 2016 so would qualify.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.