Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well got my snow foam friday and washed my car this morning and boy is this stuff good.Once i rinsed it off i had very little hand washing to do :D .this is the foam i used Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam - Clean Your Car and bought the karcher fitting lance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look under wing mirror and door handle you can see the foam discoloured where it is getting out the dirt in the groves :) If you look just left of the front wheel you can see where it is removing the dirt :)

But the big advantage is not scratching your car when you wash it:thumb:

·
5,071 Posts
im liking the idea of this foam, how is it applied to the car ????

powerwasher with an expensive attachment is my guess :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
5,071 Posts
yea i thought it might need a power-washer, thing is i've had 2 or 3 of them but they keep breaking somehow ( dont they 407xjr:lol:) so ive given up on them now.

only ever had cheap one's tho so maybe thats been the problem

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a small karcher and its brilliant. You could go halves on a washer with your son, Ye would get more use out of it than most with 2 407s and a bike:thumb:

·
5,071 Posts
I have a small karcher and its brilliant. You could go halves on a washer with your son, Ye would get more use out of it than most with 2 407s and a bike:thumb:
NOT A CHANCE............he's the one that keeps breaking them :lol:
If/when i get another one its getting locked away :nod:

·
5,071 Posts
I may have found a solution to my problem............407xjr needs a powerwasher then I can use his, hes spent 26 years using my gear so abit of payback doesn't seem out of order....................sarah, kev really wants a karcher for xmas lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best thing about the snow foam is that it gets in everywhere. Places you would usually miss with just a normal wash.

·
Registered
394 Posts
TBH, I've always found ValetPRO citrus pre wash to be better than a foam. It's not as pretty, but it its better at cutting through dirt thats been stuck on a while. If you don't wash your car every week, this kind of pre wash is worth a look.

I decant this into a pressure sprayer, so no need for attachment.

If using a foam, I prefer to mix with a glug of ONR (Optimum No Rinse) to shift ingrained dirt ;)

Good call trying to get the dirt off before making contact with the paint. The amount of people who go straight in with the sponge/mitt :nono:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wash my car at least once a week. I have been impressed by snow foam after only using power washer and buckets in the past.

·
Registered
394 Posts
For when you run out of foam, you may be interested in this
Valet Pro - Orange Pre Wash - Clean Your Car

Great product, worth trying IMO. I won't be replenishing my foam stocks (Megs Hyperwash mostly) when I run out

If you want better cleaning power from your foam, adding a drop of this might do the trick for you
Optimum No Rinse | No Rinse Car Wash | Waterless Car Wash - Clean Your Car

Amazing claims, but it really does do what it says on the bottle. Also makes a great clay lube too :D

Also, for extra clout to your foam, team it up with some of this with a good brush to do your shuts.

Auto Express Best Buy | Surfex HD Best Pressure Washer Shampoo

Foams like nothing else and can be diluted, or even used as a standalone foam. I find it makes the foam cling to the paint longer. I get a dwell time around 12 mins with the Hyperwash/Surfex combo.

All these products are very wax safe too, so no worries there.

Happy detailing :thumb:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I used snow foam for the first time I could not believe how fresh the car looked as opposed to a normal wash and I think it was down to the shunts being clean etc.. Will definitly be looking into more products. Have you any advice on a good pre wash wheel cleaner?:bath:

·
Registered
394 Posts
My wheel routine is Autosmart Smartwheels at 10:1 ratio sprayed with a pressure sprayer. Agitate with a brush and reach down that back with something like this (EZ Detail Wheel Brush - Clean Your Car), dry then CarPro Iron-X. This stuff is awesome if you've never used it before. It removes iron filings, and the chemical reaction turns the filings purple so it kind of bleeds!

After that AutoFinesse ObliTARate to remove the tar spots.

For protection, FK1000p will do nicely

Smart wheels here http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/autosmart/smart-wheels-5-litres.aspx

Iron-X here CarPro - Iron X - Clean Your Car

ObliTARate here Auto Finesse - Oblitarate - Clean Your Car

FK1000p here Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant - Clean Your Car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts