Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Have seen a previous thread on this issue but am unable to find blanking plugs mentioned. 207cc smokes when coming off idle. No smoke at any other time. Thread said that pcv blanking plugs part number 0361.S4 would cure the problem. Peugeot dealer says this is not a Peugeot part number. Any ideas as to how to get my hands on these plugs?
Thanks.:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi.
Have seen a previous thread on this issue but am unable to find blanking plugs mentioned. 207cc smokes when coming off idle. No smoke at any other time. Thread said that pcv blanking plugs part number 0361.S4 would cure the problem. Peugeot dealer says this is not a Peugeot part number. Any ideas as to how to get my hands on these plugs?
Thanks.:)
Show dealer these pictures he should know what your on about

·
6,443 Posts
If you don't have a THP engine this plug is not used and would not show up on the dealers parts list

·
Registered
58 Posts
Closing the breather will greatly increase your oil consumption and make you smoke even more.
Normally smoke is caused by a failed pcv valve in the rocker cover...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you remove pc diaphragm valve to check. Have removed rocker cover and can see bottom of diaphragm valve but can't see how to remove it. Can access a clip and unmatched partly but don't want to break anything by forcing. If either pc valve or diaphragm valve are faulty where do you get them from? Neither is available from Peugeot. You can buy a replacement rocker cover though. Ha ha!

·
Registered
281 Posts
How do you remove pc diaphragm valve to check. Have removed rocker cover and can see bottom of diaphragm valve but can't see how to remove it. Can access a clip and unmatched partly but don't want to break anything by forcing. If either pc valve or diaphragm valve are faulty where do you get them from? Neither is available from Peugeot. You can buy a replacement rocker cover though. Ha ha!
Some you cant so some require new rocker cover

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the same issue on my 207cc 1.6vti is it pcv valve related?
the pcv on the EP6 engine is not a changeable part, except you can buy a replacement valve which incorporates a new cap that replaces the cap that you have to break ok in order to change this valve. I have searched on eBay and found a direct replacement which does this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-PCV-valve-cover-for-Peugeot-engine-EP6-and-MINI-engine-N12/253582969063?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=ff5461393f5b49d7be727ecd997ecb3b&pid=100675&rk=12&rkt=15&sd=263289804849&itm=253582969063&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:617ec605-9fe7-11e8-8801-74dbd1809df6|parentrq:397ad3cf1650a9cc18edee26fffb8bc4|iid:1

see this add, the user also explains how to do the job.:thumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Search on eBay for PCV Peugeot and you will see replacement valves, you do have to break the original one of the pug rocker cover, but saves a hell a lot of money than buying a new rocker cover or second hand one just to replace the valve.

Item number on eBay is 172019048337 only for EP6 engines though guys..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Show dealer these pictures he should know what your on about
Ok I got my hands on 2 of these plugs but my question is If I fit these plugs to my intake manifold and to the rear of the rocker cover(rear pcv) is the breather pipe going from the turbo intake pipe to the side/front (front pcv) going to be sufficient for the engine? Can I fit an oil catch can to the front PCV only?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts