Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i have a pug 307 2.0l glx 2002 70000miles, my new problem with it is that i have just had the 02 sensor and the coolant temp sensor changed and now i get quite a strong smell of fuel in the cabin, it seems to be slightly at engine start up but quite heavy when slowing down or stopping but nothing when driving along,i have checked under the back seat and that is dry, im also finding that as iam changing up the gears the rev counter will hold where it is or jump up a bit so if i change gears quickly its as if i have a turbo lol, i was wondering that maybe this could be the intake air temperature sensor at fault, someone please help as i have only had the car a month and have already spent a fortune on her lol. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
quite common, only way is to start the engine and check them for fuel leaks....you will clearly see it.

not sure about the temp sensor

D

·
0 Posts
Lift up the back seat and check the tank unit seal. i'll bet its leaking there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ john_h i had a look at the injectors with a couple of mates and we couldn't see any fuel leaks, thanks for your suggestion,

@ davidireland we also looked where you said and again no joy as it was all bone dry around the seal, and thank for your suggestion,

if yous have any more thoughts as to what it could be or know of any more common faults please feel free to let me know lol. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts