Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Over the last week I have smelt petrol outside the vehicle, 2003 Pug 206 1.1 when the vehicle has come to a stand still.
Driving along there's nothing, but when I stop or in traffic I can definitely smell it !
Petrol consumption does'nt seem to be effected
Is this a common problem ?
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Hi
Over the last week I have smelt petrol outside the vehicle, 2003 Pug 206 1.1 when the vehicle has come to a stand still.
Driving along there's nothing, but when I stop or in traffic I can definitely smell it !
Petrol consumption does'nt seem to be effected
Is this a common problem ?
Any ideas ?
I would be investigating asap as it sound like you have a leak and you don't want to go BOOOM, check for cracked pipes and loose clips, any cracked fuel pipes I would replace even if not leaking as they are cracked and dangerous in my eyes

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've read about this problem before, it seems the flexible fuel delivery pipe where it connects to the fuel injection rail in the engine bay, is prone to failure after high mileage, a combination of age-related deterioration of the plastic push button release clip and vibration of the engine, as Trustme advises, get this checked quickly, if you squeeze on the pipe with thumb and forefinger and see any slight "wetness" you have found the culprit.

An engine petrol fire is a terrifying experience, depending on circumstances, you might not have enough time to escape the driving seat, and your rear seat passengers even less time!

Benny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts