Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I’ve had my 66 plate 1.6 HDI Blue Allure for a few weeks now, and I want to update the head unit because the button on the indicator does not operate Siri. I have checked on lots of threads on different forums to find a download link that works (most of them don’t). Would I be best to get the dealer to do it when I take the car in to get some warranty work done, or is it worth doing it myself? I should be taking it in next week to get the rust on the roof bars sorted, a faulty heater switch replaced and the cat replaced in a recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm pretty sure the indicator stalk button will never do anything with the SMEG based system.

You could also look in to updating the complete head unit to the later NAC system if you want Apple car play, Mirror link, Android auto, voice activation ( from the indicator stalk button ) plus the Tom Tom navigation system.

You need the display screen, a 2008 NAC unit coded to your VIN plus a plug & play adaptor harness kit.

If your car doesn't currently have sat nav in its SMEG you would also need to fit a GPS antenna.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry, I didn’t make it clear but I already have Apple CarPlay running on the unit. It’s just the indicator stalk does not initiate Siri. The unit does not have sat nav but I’m quite happy running Waze on my iPhone it also has WiFi and DAB if that helps.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've never seen the indicator stalk button do anything when combined with a SMEG based system - maybe ask the Peugeot main dealer.

I know the same button works & activates the voice commands if you fit a NAC unit to the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts