Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just picked up a 64 plate Bluehdi 120 Allure and am very happy with the car. Past couple of mornings though I've had the Smeg+ system cutting out, just after start up, and eventaully restting itself about 20 minutes into my commute. It's happened twice and on both occasions I had maxed the climate control to Hi and also had on the front and rear window demist/defog prior to it happening.

Can anyone say would a low battery charge have this effect? I'm asking this because the Stop/Start hasn't engaged once in the two weeks I've had it and the only reason I can see is that perhaps the battery (prob the original) is low on charge and could also be responsible for the Smeg+ reset due to the load being put on it?

If not battery is it likely a firmware upgrade would solve this? It's the original firmware installed so I might just give that a go at the weekend and see if it helps.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Sean

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
There are a host of reasons why the stop start doesn't happen, remember it's been cold too. Mine rarely cuts in when the outside temperature is low.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Stop/Start disable itself below minus something temp. At -5 degrees C Eco switch lit (meaning Off) and pressing to switch it back On give a message Inadequate temperature.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I don't think it has to go as low as that, mine rarely operates below +3 or 4.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stop/Start disable itself below minus something temp. At -5 degrees C Eco switch lit (meaning Off) and pressing to switch it back On give a message Inadequate temperature.

-5 seems to be the cut off for s/s. It’s been jumping between -4 & -5 in Edinburgh this morning & the lights been on & off in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put a new battery on and the s/s worked for the first time today. -1c outside.

£160 quid for a battery. Madness.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
So that's, what, 3.5 years old? What warranty did the replacement battery come with?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
We had a battery ail a couple of weeks ago, only 2.5 years old. Went back to ECP and they gave me a free replacement.

To be fair all the OEM batteries I have experienced on Peugeots have lasted well over 5 years.

·
Registered
542 Posts

:eek:Sounds expensive. Costco must do it cheaper. No issue with warranty there. They use Bosch which is actually a Varta battery

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
This is a stop start vehicle. Yes you could fit cheapy battery if you so wished, and you would be replacing it a year later. No warranty because it's not being used for it's specified purpose.
Fit the correct AGM battery and you will be paying over £200.

·
Registered
696 Posts

thats not a bad deal if its the correct battery,,i always thought stop/start batterys were in the region of £200/300

although a quick google and i found this bosch AGM battery for £160 right enough

https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/096-bosch-agm-stop-start-car-battery/?gclid=CjwKCAiArOnUBRBJEiwAX0rG_a7PePMWuRqzOrLYgo4s6Vzp-bA6St3AfnhVvdN6jXIBZMaUJYvQnhoCAoEQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats not a bad deal if its the correct battery,,i always thought stop/start batterys were in the region of £200/300
Oh it's the correct battery alright and should be as it was put on by the local indie whilst in for a couple of small niggles. It's just that I'd last bought a battery in the 80s some time so the price was a shock!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Tayna probably offer the best value when it comes to batteries. Though you also have to add the £8 carriage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts