Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've just bought a 2015 508 Allure and was checking the radio firmware version which is currently set at SMEG 5.1.F.R4 with a date of 21-02-14.

Anyone know if SMEG or SMEG+ is fitted to the 508 and also the current firmware version that is available / or should be used ?

I have found the very useful updating thread over on the 308 forum - but after following the process, can't seem to get my car to recognise the USB memory stick -the touch screen just comes back and displays 'no music files found'. Anyone experienced the same ?

The version of firmware I'm trying to install is 5.43.A.R2 - anyone else had any success with this ?

The stick I'm using is formatted to FAT32 (which was a standard not 'quick' format), and has worked faultlessly before.

The main bulk of the files when unzipped appear in a 2nd level sub-directory, but copying them all back into the root directory of the stick doesn't make any difference - hence I'm starting to think this particular firmware version doesn't apply to my car ?

Any thoughts appreciated, with thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If my memory serves me correct it's about how you look to see what firmware/software version you have.
smeg 5sec menu button
smeg+ 6 sec config button

I think you have Smeg+

Incidentally, you will have to download an identifier by means of a software license for map updates otherwise the unit will not recognise anything as a software update.

Grumpy

·
Registered
317 Posts
The license file is only for RCC and NAC headunits.

SMEG, SMEG+ and SMEG+IV2 do not need this license file but it is recommended the unit is calibrated after firmware update is completed as without it, the Bluetooth audio can be affected.

All Smeg navigational units need an activation code but only to update the maps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Grumpygit - I have a SMEG± by all accounts (the firmware display is misleading though, it just states 'SMEG5.1.'

As this is my 8th French car I really should have learnt by now how the French like to, um, do things at times!

By the way I found that the program 'Winzip' seemed to unpack the firmware file successfully, but (on my computer / car at least) 7zip did not.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The license file is only for RCC and NAC headunits.

SMEG, SMEG+ and SMEG+IV2 do not need this license file but it is recommended the unit is calibrated after firmware update is completed as without it, the Bluetooth audio can be affected.

All Smeg navigational units need an activation code but only to update the maps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
So I haven't gained anything by the sound of it - but might have messed up the Bluetooth setup?

·
Registered
317 Posts
please see the instarutions foe SMEG update which are PSA's own words. (servicebox)

Update the SMEG+i V2 software, following the procedure below :
Start the engine
Wait 30 seconds after the displaying of the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system home page
Connect the USB software update key to one of the USB ports
Approximately one minute after insertion of the USB stick, when a window opens with a message to start the update, click on "Yes"
The SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system will then restart within 4 minutes maximum and start the update
Get out of the vehicle during the update
In succession a black screen, then displaying of the logo, then a blue screen
At the end of the update, the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system restarts on the current application (presence of sound if this was present before starting the update) and the same update request message will appear for 30 seconds. Click on "NO". After 30 seconds, the message disappears
Disconnect the USB stick
Press and hold (press maintained for 5 seconds) the "Settings" menu
Select : System version
View the software version displayed
If the software version is 6.40A R10 : The update has proceeded correctly
If the software version is lower than 6.40A R10 : Start the procedure again
Switch off the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system observing the following procedure : Switch off the ignition, make sure that all the doors are closed and wait 2 minutes during which no manipulation must be done on the vehicle

YOU NOW MUST DO THIS IF YOU ARE UPGRADING

2.3.3. SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update / configuration procedure
CAUTION : The diagnostic tool must be at the latest update version available on the server
CAUTION : If this SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update is not carried out, the audio quality of telephone communications will be seriously affected
N.B. : An update of the SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration is needed in the case of the software version being lower than 6.40A R10 before a software update
audio-navigation system calibration update procedure :
Select the "repair" menu
Select the SMEG_PLUS ECU. Confirm
Select the "Download" menu then "Download a new calibration version"
N.B. : Contact technical assistance in the case of an error code CH002 being displayed on the diagnostic tool
Perform an automatic configuration of the SMEG+I V2 radio-navigation.
all SMEG updates are the same.

bluetooth audio afaik is the main effected area. not everyone sees any difference but you may see some echoing on the BT side of things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts