Peugeot Forums banner
2521 - 2538 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I downloaded the Sync update and the map update today overall all took hours.
Both updates were onto the USB.
When inserted it was recognised and asked could it download and install one then the other it did so I think. I expected it to say completed but it asked to do the Sync update so I said yes and waited for it to do so. It then asked to do the maps again, I had had enough so sound no, it then said Updating Complete.

Can I tell if I got either or both updates in?

My Peugeot App on my phone is still saying there are two updates for me to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone just wondering if you could help me I recently bought a 308 2014 ehdi I'm thinking about updating the firmware to the latest one but not sure if I can jump from what version I'm currently running ?
Also will I be able to install the newest maps update ?
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Font Auto part

Vehicle Gadget Font Personal luxury car Display device

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I have created a guide to Updating the Maps and Speed Cameras on the SMEG+ unit installed in the 2014 308's and some of the later 2015 + 208's.

As far as I know, the Maps will also work for the older SMEG versions, and that the procedure is just slightly different. I do not have the equipment available to try this, so I cannot guarantee it. Perhaps someone will comment and update us at some point.

Disclaimer: This guide is meant for informative purposes only. Any time you play with software on a system that is not meant to be played with, you are risking damaging the system and / or voiding the warranty that came with it. If you choose to follow the instructions in this guide you are doing so at your own risk and you will be responsible if you damage your system.

That said, it worked fine for me :thumb:

Here you go:

Map Update Procedure SMEG+

By the way, if anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, I may make changes to this file as I see fit. Comment below.

* * * I am going to try and keep the files up to date on the first page of this post so you don't have to dig around comments every time something is updated * * *

Latest downloads:

2019-2 Maps
http://psa.download.navigation.com/automotive/PSA/RT6-SMEGx/42050.ZIP

Java Generator for Maps Key:
Download

SMEG+ Map and Speed Camera Update Procedure Additional link by Paul-R

October 2019 Speed Cameras:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4xtsztbvj16obwc/Speedcams_EU_All_PSA_Units_(2019.10).7z/file

Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R6:
FIRMWARE UPDATES - INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK
Password: lambda14

Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R8:
Password: lambda14

Firmware SMEG_5.41.B.R4:
Pass: psa
(Currently not working)

Firmware SMEG_5.42.B.R4:
(Mirror source kindly hosted by a forum member)

SMEG_5.43.A.R2:

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS

If you get a protection error. Turn the car off, get out and lock it. Wait for the unit to go to 'sleep' (about 5 minutes). Then try again.

If you get any other error, or nothing shows at all, screenshot the contents of your USB stick and post them here. If you message me, I will only say the same thing!

If anyone feels the need to donate a small thank you to my PayPal for helping out and keeping this guide and links up to date, you can do so here: PayPal

For reference if you want to know how old your maps are, you can use the following in your Map Version to determine:

Gr_409 = 2015-1
Gr_410 = 2015-2
Gr_411 = 2016-1
Gr_412 = 2016-2
Gr_413 = 2017-1
Hi everyone just wondering if you could help me I recently bought a 308 2014 ehdi I'm thinking about updating the firmware to the latest one but not sure if I can jump from what version I'm currently running ?
Also will I be able to install the newest maps update
Vehicle Gadget Font Personal luxury car Display device
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Font Auto part
?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay thank you! Do you know if there is another update after this one anyway? Or is it not worth updating?

no software update will give carplay - it has fundamental hardware changes that were never supported in old equipment... to do wireless carplay needs a wifi receiver alongside the bluetooth - data on one, and control on the other.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also will I be able to install the newest maps update ?
yes - keeping the voltage up (car running) is the best way to ensure things go well

Its three steps - with three sticks or wipe and start again

do the head unit update - 20mins
do the speed cam feature (was never on mates car) - 2 mins
just did the latest maps - 50 mins, using the embedded license feature on the USB stick that's mentioned in later pots - he now says he gets Traffic light camera warnings

·
Registered
18 Posts
Took the plunge and updated firmware, then found I was able to delete Eastern Europe and installed the rest of Europe.

just had no ability to remove any eastern european maps on a mates... came to the conclusion they were never there to delete

so just ticked all the ones you want to load, I did all except all three central Europe maps and it took 50 mins to install 8 new maps

def got France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia and UK

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've forgotten how to get at the info pages to see what its running ?
If this is the info you want, just press settings until it appears @ 10 secs. When you try to load maps it will show which ones are already installed and which ones are on usb available for install, I would imagine if you have a reasonable amount of free space if 3 Euro maps not installed

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
If this is the info you want, just press settings until it appears @ 10 secs. When you try to load maps it will show which ones are already installed and which ones are on usb available for install, I would imagine if you have a reasonable amount of free space if 3 Euro maps not installed

nice - I forgot the 10 second trick

·
Registered
293 Posts
Strange, I installed the latest risk areas from theobouzige.fr, but when I go to map it only shows risk areas in France. Also, I noticed that there is no sound warning when speeding. Moreover, sound for speeding is check in settings. View attachment 95273
Have you tried installing speed alerts again - you should have more than one country installed if it works correctly. Sounds like it hasnt correctly installed if only one map and no sound.

·
Registered
2016 508 SW GT
8 Posts
Hi all, is this the same protocol for a 508?

These are the following versions.

Any known/likely issues if I upgrade to the latest firmware?
Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Vehicle audio
Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle audio
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive design Vehicle audio
Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part

·
Registered
1 Posts
The SD card in the SMEG headunit is undersized for the latest maps - unless you want to remove the headunit which is behind the central console and replace the SD card with a larger SD card then your only option is to delete one of the maps that you're less likely to use, to be able to update the navigation maps. I think Eastern Europe is one that's been suggested but depends on what your needs are i suppose. Good luck with the GPS replacement
Do you happen to know here is the SD card located in Citroen C4 picasso? and what is the default size?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do you happen to know here is the SD card located in Citroen C4 picasso? and what is the default size?
The micro SD card on the 308 is in the actual head unit which is behind the central console - involves removing the trim and then removing the headunit, disassembly of the headunit, removal of the micro sd card, cloning of the card to a larger micro sd card, repartitioning the partitions, reinsertion of the micro sd card, reasessembly of the headunit, reinsertion and rebuild of the trim etc. I think the default size is 16GB and the largest you can change it for is 32gb. If you do a search within the sub-forum topic there should be several posts from a Mr Lee that detail in more detail the process to follow. I suspect the same will apply to the C4 as you use the same equipment. If you struggle with finding the posts let me know and i'll try finding the exact pages later for you

·
Registered
293 Posts
Cannot find Eastern Europe South speed cameras anywhere. If someone has it, I would appreciate it to post link.
I've got the July version from GPS-Underground - if you PM me your email address, i will send you the ZIP file - it looks to have Eastern Europe speed alerts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the July version from GPS-Underground - if you PM me your email address, I will send you the ZIP file - it looks to have Eastern Europe speed alerts
Thanks for reply. I tried to PM you, and I send my mail address, but it said that my account dean is awaiting approval by admin, and I must wait for decision. edit. I started conversation with you from this account, so you can check your inbox.

2521 - 2538 of 2538 Posts