Peugeot Forums banner
2501 - 2520 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
2015 308 - 5.43 Firmware, SMEGPLUS headset - the one with soft buttons on each side, 4on the left and 3 on the right.
Hopefully there should be a newer map update issued at some point soon - which may then allow you to delete maps and install maps that you want.
Took the plunge and updated firmware, then found I was able to delete Eastern Europe and installed the rest of Europe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The installed Map version in the secret menu will only update if ALL maps are updated to the latest version, otherwise it will show the oldest version that's installed...
@FOREST37 I owe you the answer. This weekend I had tested this update and it works very good. I had check information about map version too, now is everything as should be- latest version shown. Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

I have created a guide to Updating the Maps and Speed Cameras on the SMEG+ unit installed in the 2014 308's and some of the later 2015 + 208's.

As far as I know, the Maps will also work for the older SMEG versions, and that the procedure is just slightly different. I do not have the equipment available to try this, so I cannot guarantee it. Perhaps someone will comment and update us at some point.

Disclaimer: This guide is meant for informative purposes only. Any time you play with software on a system that is not meant to be played with, you are risking damaging the system and / or voiding the warranty that came with it. If you choose to follow the instructions in this guide you are doing so at your own risk and you will be responsible if you damage your system.

That said, it worked fine for me :thumb:

Here you go:

Map Update Procedure SMEG+

By the way, if anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, I may make changes to this file as I see fit. Comment below.

* * * I am going to try and keep the files up to date on the first page of this post so you don't have to dig around comments every time something is updated * * *

Latest downloads:

2019-2 Maps
http://psa.download.navigation.com/automotive/PSA/RT6-SMEGx/42050.ZIP

Java Generator for Maps Key:
Download

SMEG+ Map and Speed Camera Update Procedure Additional link by Paul-R

October 2019 Speed Cameras:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4xtsztbvj16obwc/Speedcams_EU_All_PSA_Units_(2019.10).7z/file

Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R6:
FIRMWARE UPDATES - INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK
Password: lambda14

Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R8:

Firmware SMEG_5.41.B.R4:
Pass: psa
(Currently not working)

Firmware SMEG_5.42.B.R4:
(Mirror source kindly hosted by a forum member)

SMEG_5.43.A.R2:

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS

If you get a protection error. Turn the car off, get out and lock it. Wait for the unit to go to 'sleep' (about 5 minutes). Then try again.

If you get any other error, or nothing shows at all, screenshot the contents of your USB stick and post them here. If you message me, I will only say the same thing!

If anyone feels the need to donate a small thank you to my PayPal for helping out and keeping this guide and links up to date, you can do so here: PayPal

For reference if you want to know how old your maps are, you can use the following in your Map Version to determine:

Gr_409 = 2015-1
Gr_410 = 2015-2
Gr_411 = 2016-1
Gr_412 = 2016-2
Gr_413 = 2017-1
Hi Paul, Sorry to Trouble you, could you point me in the Right Direction for a 2021 SMEG+ Firmware Free Update Clean Web page please as I am currently on SMEG5.4.B.R8 Dated 01-12-15 & am Having a Whole World of Trouble with the DAB & MAPS!
Any Help much Appreciated,
Jimi P.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Paul, Sorry to Trouble you, could you point me in the Right Direction for a 2021 SMEG+ Firmware Free Update Clean Web page please as I am currently on SMEG5.4.B.R8 Dated 01-12-15 & am Having a Whole World of Trouble with the DAB & MAPS!
Any Help much Appreciated,
Jimi P.
My understanding this is the latest firmware

SMEG_5.43.A.R2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think that is not recommended to use different firmware than your car's have.
I had old SMEG_5.xx.A.Rx and I refrefer the same.

Maybe you will have problem if you switch firmware from one to another.
I updated my car with no problems but maybe I was one of the lucky ones

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that is not recommended to use different firmware than your car's have.
I had old SMEG_5.xx.A.Rx and I refrefer the same.

Maybe you will have problem if you switch firmware from one to another.
I also updated without any problem, the only quirk is whereas maps need to have files showing, firmware files have to be enclosed in folder titled SMEG_PLUS_UPG

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
For those who have had DAB problems in the UK, updating the firmware was the only option.
Can't think why you shouldn't. The updated firmware is designed to work with exactly the same hardware.

·
Registered
483 Posts
SMEG system is what my p'x ed Ford had now I got a June 308 which I think is Tom Tom if this not correct forum section could the moderator move this post please.

As I said my 308 registered June 2021 my question is how can I tell on this digital screen please. Was easy on my Ford but on 308 seems hidden.
I'm asking as the My Peugeot App says there is a download dated February for maps, I wish to check before doing it as do not want to loose one of my three free upgrades.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Version 20 is the latest NAC / Tom Tom maps for the WAVE 2 system used in the 308 T9.

IIRC you should get 5 years of free map updates from the date of your vehicles first registration.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes it is V20 being offered on the phone App.
So back to my basic question how can I tell which version is in my car, please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2014 208 and I was wondering what I could do to update my SMEG. I don’t have maps on my touch screen. I currently have SMEG3.21.A.R1 dated 06.03.14.
Ideally, I’d like to know if I can update it so I can have CarPlay? If anyone could help out or send me the right link to update it myself I’d really appreciate it!! Thanks x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

I have created a guide to Updating the Maps and Speed Cameras on the SMEG+ unit installed in the 2014 308's and some of the later 2015 + 208's.

As far as I know, the Maps will also work for the older SMEG versions, and that the procedure is just slightly different. I do not have the equipment available to try this, so I cannot guarantee it. Perhaps someone will comment and update us at some point.

Disclaimer: This guide is meant for informative purposes only. Any time you play with software on a system that is not meant to be played with, you are risking damaging the system and / or voiding the warranty that came with it. If you choose to follow the instructions in this guide you are doing so at your own risk and you will be responsible if you damage your system.

That said, it worked fine for me :thumb:

Here you go:

Map Update Procedure SMEG+

By the way, if anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, I may make changes to this file as I see fit. Comment below.

* * * I am going to try and keep the files up to date on the first page of this post so you don't have to dig around comments every time something is updated * * *

Latest downloads:

2019-2 Maps
http://psa.download.navigation.com/automotive/PSA/RT6-SMEGx/42050.ZIP

Java Generator for Maps Key:
Download

SMEG+ Map and Speed Camera Update Procedure Additional link by Paul-R

October 2019 Speed Cameras:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4xtsztbvj16obwc/Speedcams_EU_All_PSA_Units_(2019.10).7z/file

Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R6:

Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R8:

Firmware SMEG_5.41.B.R4:
Pass: psa
(Currently not working)

Firmware SMEG_5.42.B.R4:
(Mirror source kindly hosted by a forum member)

SMEG_5.43.A.R2:

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS

If you get a protection error. Turn the car off, get out and lock it. Wait for the unit to go to 'sleep' (about 5 minutes). Then try again.

If you get any other error, or nothing shows at all, screenshot the contents of your USB stick and post them here. If you message me, I will only say the same thing!

If anyone feels the need to donate a small thank you to my PayPal for helping out and keeping this guide and links up to date, you can do so here: PayPal

For reference if you want to know how old your maps are, you can use the following in your Map Version to determine:

Gr_409 = 2015-1
Gr_410 = 2015-2
Gr_411 = 2016-1
Gr_412 = 2016-2
Gr_413 = 2017-1
Does any- body have a link for an up to date JAVA GENERATOR for Map Keys? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2014 208 and I was wondering what I could do to update my SMEG. I don’t have maps on my touch screen. I currently have SMEG3.21.A.R1 dated 06.03.14.
Ideally, I’d like to know if I can update it so I can have CarPlay? If anyone could help out or send me the right link to update it myself I’d really appreciate it!! Thanks x
Sadly I don't think any of the SMEG updates will enable Carplay.

2501 - 2520 of 2538 Posts