Peugeot Forums banner
2481 - 2500 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
2015 308 - 5.43 Firmware, SMEGPLUS headset - the one with soft buttons on each side, 4on the left and 3 on the right.
Hopefully there should be a newer map update issued at some point soon - which may then allow you to delete maps and install maps that you want.
My firmware's the same, probably a good idea to wait for new map update, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone.
First of all - thanx for the upload, great job. But, I have a problem with the map update. After checking compatibility etc. it prompts activation code based on VIN. When I insert one it says that I have to check my DMR number. Activation code is good, checked couple of times. I've tried even with a newest firmware and it didn't help. Any clues how to install new maps?
And yes, Peugeot 308 2016 is the car, still have fabric maps.
Thanks for the help and for the uploads once again

·
Registered
293 Posts
@Maxymus - there is a JAVA tool to generate your activation code from your VIN number, at the start of this thread - it's important that you select the correct cct.dat.inf file on the map update in the correct folder for your headunit - eg SMEG PLUS - it will change for each new map update so it needs to be generated every time you have new maps to install - also be careful with your VIN that you havent mistaken any letters for numbers and vice versa as the activation tool will not realise when it generates a code that your VIN is incorrect

If you create a file called Licence in Notepad and then delete any extension (you may need to tick show extension on file explorer to be able to delete the .txt extension) and place it as below then you should be able to avoid having to type in your activation code

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanx @FOREST37 !
I can not believe that the problem whole time was in wrong ccc.dat.inf file. I didn't know that there was another one. Now, everything is ok, update is finished.
Thanx again!!

p.s. this forum is great, found lot of helpfull things

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am currently downloading the updated maps from the link on page 1 and first post, is this the updated version? also I tried to download the speed cameras from the same post but seems that it has been removed. im assuming its separate and that i have to do one at a time?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am currently downloading the updated maps from the link on page 1 and first post, is this the updated version? also I tried to download the speed cameras from the same post but seems that it has been removed. im assuming its separate and that i have to do one at a time?
Latest map link on page 122 - you can either do a map at a time or multi-map update - you will need to omit 1 map as the available space on the headunit is less than the latest update size needed. - Eastern Europe potentially one to leave off. April's speed alerts are available from "theobouzige.fr" - you will need to use a different USB stick or wipe the map one before adding the speed alert updates - FAT 32 format needed for both. No activation code needed for speed alerts, but you will need one for the maps. The JAVA activation tool should be on page 1 along with the guide on how to use it etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Latest map link on page 122 - you can either do a map at a time or multi-map update - you will need to omit 1 map as the available space on the headunit is less than the latest update size needed. - Eastern Europe potentially one to leave off. April's speed alerts are available from "theobouzige.fr" - you will need to use a different USB stick or wipe the map one before adding the speed alert updates - FAT 32 format needed for both. No activation code needed for speed alerts, but you will need one for the maps. The JAVA activation tool should be on page 1 along with the guide on how to use it etc.
I have just downloaded and installed the file that was on page 1! is that not the updated version im sure i seen somewhere that someone posted the latest one on page 1!, and all i think i need now is the camera files. im kinda new to this and only had me car for a few days and it kept disconnecting so i did a firmware update earlier today which has worked and i decided to update the maps too so done the maps like i said just need the updated speed cameras now i think.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have just downloaded and installed the file that was on page 1! is that not the updated version im sure i seen somewhere that someone posted the latest one on page 1!, and all i think i need now is the camera files. im kinda new to this and only had me car for a few days and it kept disconnecting so i did a firmware update earlier today which has worked and i decided to update the maps too so done the maps like i said just need the updated speed cameras now i think.
Page 1 is old, page 122 has the latest ones - 5GB download size

·
Registered
6 Posts
April's speed alerts are available from "theobouzige.fr"
I have been to that site and its in French i believe or some other language i can not translate it nor can i find what i should be downloading, as i am English and from the UK. is there anywhere else i can get the latest speed camera update from ?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thought i would share my Software Updates to see if these are Correct... I recently updated my Firmware & Maps So hopefully they are correct. I'm also wondering if my Bluetooth needs to be updated and if this is possible, also the Display Version?
And if there is a proper English Website where i can update the Speed Camera software. I know there is a link that takes you to a foreign site but unfortunately i don't speak any other language and can not find the latest download.
Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have updated firmware successfully to the latest version (SMEG5.43.A.R2). After that i try to update map for East Europe South region which I found here. It show me that map was updated but when I check secret menu, map version is still old few years (DbDw_281/Gr_406)

After firmware update my first atempt to update maps was like this: I had only options to delete maps, not to instal or update new one because for some reason message was that there is not enough free space. When I try to update maps which I found on p.122 nothing happend, I written that in first paragraph.

Do I need to instal all maps which are included in the package or it is ok to chose one which I need? Or I miss to do something else, hmm?

Oh, one more thing: Thank you @PaulMillard and others too.

Here is the picture(s) from lcd.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi. I have updated firmware successfully to the latest version (SMEG5.43.A.R2). After that i try to update map for East Europe South region which I found here. It show me that map was updated but when I check secret menu, map version is still old few years (DbDw_281/Gr_406)

After firmware update my first atempt to update maps was like this: I had only options to delete maps, not to instal or update new one because for some reason message was that there is not enough free space. When I try to update maps which I found on p.122 nothing happend, I written that in first paragraph.

Do I need to instal all maps which are included in the package or it is ok to chose one which I need? Or I miss to do something else, hmm?

Oh, one more thing: Thank you @PaulMillard and others too.

Here is the picture(s) from lcd.

View attachment 94996
The installed Map version in the secret menu will only update if ALL maps are updated to the latest version, otherwise it will show the oldest version that's installed.

You can choose to deselect or select only the ones you wish to install when the available map updates are shown and the available memory should then change to reflect what memory will remain

When you're asked to delete a map - choose one country that you dont want - for me it was eastern europe which is a decent size, you may want to delete a different country - select, the country, confirm deletion and you may then get the option to install or you may be asked to delete another country

I was able to get past this by selecting the same country on the map screen that i had deleted then cancelling the deletion confirmation message that appeared, which then brought up the list and i could then untick the countries i didnt want until available free memory was greater than 0 bytes.

The latest map updates are larger than the micro SD card that is in the headunit - so you either have to physically replace this by removing the unit and dismantling (instructions are in this sub-forum) or you have to sacrifice a country or two

2481 - 2500 of 2538 Posts