Peugeot Forums banner
2461 - 2477 of 2477 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI all, I updated my maps and speed cameras last week to the lastest available no problem. Today I took the plunge and decided to update my firmware from SMEG 5.0.D.R2 to firstly SMEG 5.4.B.R6 and then I was going to go to the lastest SMEG 5.43.A.R2 update. The update to 5.4.B.R6 seems to have gone fine and everything appears to work as normal but when I try to update to 5.43.A.R2 the system returns an "insufficient memory to carry out update" message. Would I need to delete all the maps to make the space now and then install them all again once the 5.43.A.R2 update has been done?

·
Registered
274 Posts
HI all, I updated my maps and speed cameras last week to the lastest available no problem. Today I took the plunge and decided to update my firmware from SMEG 5.0.D.R2 to firstly SMEG 5.4.B.R6 and then I was going to go to the lastest SMEG 5.43.A.R2 update. The update to 5.4.B.R6 seems to have gone fine and everything appears to work as normal but when I try to update to 5.43.A.R2 the system returns an "insufficient memory to carry out update" message. Would I need to delete all the maps to make the space now and then install them all again once the 5.43.A.R2 update has been done?
I think the update memory and the maps storage are completely different systems. I had issues with memory when I did the firmware update which resulted in a blue screen issue, had to disconnect the battery which forced a reset and the latest firmware updated this time with just sufficient free memory to accept the update - may be worth living with the existing for now - not sure if the system has any memory housekeeping routines - perhaps try again in another week?

·
Registered
5 Posts
:) theobouzige.fr - just add http or google and you should find the full web address
Thanks, I know...:) I'm just wondering who releases the actual SC data for this Peugeot system and the SC updates? A paid service someone distributes? Then I'm happy I don't pay for this, compared to TomTom its night and day, and TomTom are free in regards to the SC updates.

·
Registered
13 Posts
speedcam I found about page 116 ? appears to be the official package with millions of folders of complexity - but it works just fine at 4meg
the theobouzige.fr seems to be a third party install just adding POI its 523kb ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The option to delete should come up when you try to update the maps - use the ticks to select which country to delete and then confirm. I dont think you can delete maps unless you're in the updating phase.
I have 2 more areas to load and am quite prepared to delete Eastern Europe but can find no way to do this. I tried as you suggested but it is only giving option to add. It says 676mb available space, after search but after pressing confirm it says 0bytes. Where am I going wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 2 more areas to load and am quite prepared to delete Eastern Europe but can find no way to do this. I tried as you suggested but it is only giving option to add. It says 676mb available space, after search but after pressing confirm it says 0bytes. Where am I going wrong?
When you insert the USB stock to update - does it bring up a list of maps or do you need to force the map update to start? If nothing happens, then go to SAT NAV screen and then the menu page using the left hand arrow which is just under the flag icon on the left hand edge, then map settings and then select MAPS which is the 3rd option on the bottom bar and it should then say searching and bring up the available maps that are available on the USB stick but not on the car, it may prompt you at this stage to delete maps to free memory space, or you may need to press on one of the countries and force a deletion which you should be able to do by selecting a map on the screen and then confirming - i.e. one of the blue maps if i remember correctly, eventually you should then get a list of maps that you can install, deselect all maps. At the bottom of the list you will see 0MB/XXX - which should change to have YMB/XXX showing and then try selecting the one that you wish to install - the screen should change - you need to have at least some MB free to proceed - i.e. it needs to be greater than 0MB once you've selected the map to install. If no joy still, I can try capturing the steps at weekend when I have time to spare by trying to install the country that I deleted when I did the update -( I'll have to create an update USB drive again and the activation code etc so I don't have time to do this any sooner - sorry)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just tried again, once I get to last stage showing which maps are left to update if I deselect both of them, then this releases memory but not enough to install either of the maps. No matter what I do there is still no option to delete, seems the system wants to decide when you delete! How risky is it to do a factory reset?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just tried again, once I get to last stage showing which maps are left to update if I deselect both of them, then this releases memory but not enough to install either of the maps. No matter what I do there is still no option to delete, seems the system wants to decide when you delete! How risky is it to do a factory reset?
If you can wait till weekend i will see what my system does and post my findings. I have all maps bar the 1 so i should be same situation as you are now Not sure what data deletion actually deletes - presumably postcodes and any saved routes and maps but couldn't say 100% if that is all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
@robpc - I experimented with map deletion earlier today as promised - forgive the grainy photos - my touchscreen needs a good dust!

I put the license file on the stick so i could avoid having to type in the activation code using this method

I then inserted the stick - it went through identification of media etc. I then went on to the Sat Nav screen and then into the 2nd menu and then to MAPS

Then select the SEARCH option and identification of media will then appear followed by UPDATE LEVEL - checking compatibility and then the map screen should appear with free memory

Select any of the map countries and you then get an option to delete that country - YES / NO

I didn't proceed after that as i didn't want to delete any maps but this is how i was able to delete maps last time and then when i had freed up enough room, I chose the NO option and was then given the list of map updates available that I could install, but then had to deselect the ones i didnt want in order to free the space to be able to add the ones that i did want

Hope this helps - keep me updated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Put licence on usb and thought that would be solution, unfortunately not. Get to selecting xountry to delete but keep it pressed and just goes onto add and update maps

·
Registered
274 Posts
I literally tapped on the country and the deletion prompt came up (didn't hold down on the country more than 1 second) - I did use the search option to initiate the map update sequence initially - are you doing that as well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That didn't work I'm afraid, however I press/tap it goes straight to install. I've tried both options (what's already loaded and what's on usb)

·
Registered
274 Posts
That didn't work I'm afraid, however I press/tap it goes straight to install. I've tried both options (what's already loaded and what's on usb)
You have just over 600mb spare - I only have 120Mb spare - are you able to install 1 more country within than memory so you then end up with not enough memory for a map install which may then force a deletion condition perhaps? It may be that the system sees sufficient space for at least another smaller country update to fit?

·
Registered
2017, 308 SW, 1.6 BlueHDi (120 Hp) AT
1 Posts
Hello everyone.

First of all, this thread has been very helpful. I was successfully able to update everything on my SMEG, including SMEG itself, Maps and POIs.

I noticed though that the latest SMEG update that is available here on the forum is a version from 2017. Do you have any clue where we could get a newer version?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've already tried that, both countries are too big. I know this clutching at straws but I think I'll try and reinstall all bar the 2 countries in a single go, and see if that releases more memory. The current install was done single country at a time, not sure when I'll be doing that.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I noticed though that the latest SMEG update that is available here on the forum is a version from 2017. Do you have any clue where we could get a newer version?
The SMEG was superseded by the RCC / NAC units so there will not be any new SMEG firmware's releases - UNLESS that is a serious stability issue appears ( BBC DAB radio in the UK for example )

2461 - 2477 of 2477 Posts