Peugeot Forums banner
2441 - 2460 of 2477 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Map Update Procedure:

Java Generator:

You'll need to unzip the generator - i suggest using 7-Zip and then you'll need JAVA for the generator to work - you may need to disable EDGE as a few members have had issues with JAVA not working

If you still struggle PM me your VIN and I'll send you the Activation code
Stupid question, what is VIN?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, this is my first time on this forum, I have recently bought a 2015 308 1.6 active bluehdi, I have downloaded the map update from here, everything is fine until it asks which countries to update, I need most of them but it states that there is no memory left, does anyone know how I can update the memory to accept the map updates. My last car was a C3 Picasso with no screen or sat nav so it is new to me.
Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi, this is my first time on this forum, I have recently bought a 2015 308 1.6 active bluehdi, I have downloaded the map update from here, everything is fine until it asks which countries to update, I need most of them but it states that there is no memory left, does anyone know how I can update the memory to accept the map updates. My last car was a C3 Picasso with no screen or sat nav so it is new to me.
Thanks
You need to delete a map to free space and be able to start the update - the latest maps are bigger than the available space on the built in micro SD card. Eastern Europe is a good map to delete and then when asked to delete more maps, say no and then deselect the Eastern Europe map on the update map selection page and you should be then able to update all remaining maps. It's a bit of a faff but unfortunately the original micro SD card fitted is too small to accommodate the newer update files.

·
Registered
274 Posts

This may help - the version update only shows the correct version installed if you do all the maps, if you only do partial map updates then the version will not change for the overall maps installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peugeot 308 SW 1.2 e-THP EAT, 130hk, NO facelift.

Just wondering how I can turn off the Speed Camera warnings completely?
I have found the warnings to be way off (Sweden) and also faulty, eg. it sometimes warns when coming from the opposite direction but not from the right direction! And also MANY cams are not implemented at all. AND some other strange 'beeps'.

I have a 5" TomTom GO 5200 navigator since a few years too and it's so much better and it gets updated almost weekly and never makes any false alarms. So I will use the TomTom instead.

I have turned off "ALARM!" POI's but still the Speed Cameras beeps appears.... what have I missed?
I want to remove the Speed Camera warnings completely... can I just delete the Speed Camera file I uploaded?

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 94156

This may help - the version update only shows the correct version installed if you do all the maps, if you only do partial map updates then the version will not change for the overall maps installed.
Hi, thanks for the replies, I have been able to update a couple of the maps but I cant find where to delete any, I want to keep the Eastern European maps as that's where I travel to, I also need the UK, Benelux and Germany maps.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi, thanks for the replies, I have been able to update a couple of the maps but I cant find where to delete any, I want to keep the Eastern European maps as that's where I travel to, I also need the UK, Benelux and Germany maps.
The option to delete should come up when you try to update the maps - use the ticks to select which country to delete and then confirm. I dont think you can delete maps unless you're in the updating phase.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Peugeot 308 SW 1.2 e-THP EAT, 130hk, NO facelift.

Just wondering how I can turn off the Speed Camera warnings completely?
I have found the warnings to be way off (Sweden) and also faulty, eg. it sometimes warns when coming from the opposite direction but not from the right direction! And also MANY cams are not implemented at all. AND some other strange 'beeps'.

I have a 5" TomTom GO 5200 navigator since a few years too and it's so much better and it gets updated almost weekly and never makes any false alarms. So I will use the TomTom instead.

I have turned off "ALARM!" POI's but still the Speed Cameras beeps appears.... what have I missed?
I want to remove the Speed Camera warnings completely... can I just delete the Speed Camera file I uploaded?
View attachment 94166
If you go into the Sat Nav screen and then the 2nd menu and then options - you should be able to turn off the Speed Alerts
Have you tried updating the speed alerts to the latest ones? May 2021 is the latest that I have installed currently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you go into the Sat Nav screen and then the 2nd menu and then options - you should be able to turn off the Speed Alerts
Have you tried updating the speed alerts to the latest ones? May 2021 is the latest that I have installed currently.
Thanks, I will check the menus again tomorrow.
Found an April 2021 update on the "theobouzige" :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked again this morning but there still is no delete option, basically I would like to delete Spain and Portugal, Italy, Central Europe, Scandinavia and eastern Europe south but there just is no option to delete. Also just curious what is the USB port next to the steering wheel for and do you think it is ok to plug my dash cam on there instead of using the centre console.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
The USB ports are only low powered 0.5A
If you try & pull to much current from them over time you will damage the infotainment unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Mr Lee, I need to check the power on my new dash cam, I know my old one was 0.4A but not sure about the new one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I checked again this morning but there still is no delete option, basically I would like to delete Spain and Portugal, Italy, Central Europe, Scandinavia and eastern Europe south but there just is no option to delete. Also just curious what is the USB port next to the steering wheel for and do you think it is ok to plug my dash cam on there instead of using the centre console.
Useful for USB stick for infotainment system - hidden out of sight. As Mr Lee says, you need to be careful trying to use the port to power your dash cam or charge your phone as it can damage the head unit. I use the power port and a split charger - I use one for the dash cam power and the other for the phone charger cable. You could use a fuse tap if your want to hard wire the dash cam feed but good luck with navigating the fuse box maze!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have now updated the Speedcam alerts with an April 2021 files update.... couldn't find the May 2021...still many cams around my roads here in Sweden are not updated, can't say I noted any difference at all v.s the last update file!
These cameras have been in operation for several years. (My TomTom navigator warns for them all since several years.)

Also, I found the on/off for alarm enable in the second menu as you wrote. Thanks. Haven't tried to mute the whole Speed Cam beeping, or not beeping, :cool: but I will probably do that because this is not of much use today. I'm willing to try the May 2021 update if you would be so nice to share it. Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have now updated the Speedcam alerts with an April 2021 files update.... couldn't find the May 2021...still many cams around my roads here in Sweden are not updated, can't say I noted any difference at all v.s the last update file!
These cameras have been in operation for several years. (My TomTom navigator warns for them all since several years.)
Also, I found the on/off for alarm enable in the second menu as you wrote. Thanks. Haven't tried to mute the whole Speed Cam beeping, or not beeping, :cool: but I will probably do that because this is not of much use today. I'm willing to try the May 2021 update if you would be so nice to share it. Thanks.
theobouzige.fr is where i get them from - the latest update posted is dated 27 May but it is actually April release. No new releases on there yet. Will update on this thread when new version is available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
theobouzige.fr is where i get them from - the latest update posted is dated 27 May but it is actually April release. No new releases on there yet. Will update on this thread when new version is available.
Thanks..... I'm starting to wonder if they really updates the SC's for all countries, like Sweden..? Seems they don't! :oops::LOL: who are "they" btw here?

2441 - 2460 of 2477 Posts