Peugeot Forums banner

2401 - 2416 of 2416 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi can anyone help me out I’m just wondering if I have the latest firmware for a 2018 plate 308 as I cannot get any DAB stations anymore only FM/AM and thinking could the firmware be the problem?

SYSTEM VERSION: 21.08.84. 12_NAC-r0
MAPPING VERSION: 20.0.0-r0

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for you help so far....not sure if I have done something stupid but I have done exactly as above. It asks me if I want to update and then I click yes...it does some checks and then says Incompatible? :(
Strange, I went from SMEG5.2.C.R1 without any issues. Maybe try a different usb stick and double check it fat32

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sometimes they can be funny with certain USB sticks, worth a try with another one. Other than that I wouldn’t know what the problem is sorry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sent you a PM with my VIN details, no hurry as heading to bed

Keencyclist - couldn't find how I created it via the Peugeot site
I have got the generator downloaded but when I click on it, it opens a new window briefly but then nothing happens .... any ideas anyone??

I have downloaded Java but still doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I need a hand if anyone can help. So im based in Ireland and i bought a 308 2015 for mom. Its a Japanese import. i have called the dealer to get the maps renewed because they are in Japanese even tho the system was turned back to english (Also the map is japanese for the navigation). they told me to get the link for the map for my model online from their webside and to pay, so i have and put the info on an usb yet when i try to plug it into the car it thinks its music and i wasnt able to update the maps through the menu using the google translate camera.

I have included some of the pics of the SMEG system and the pics from the navigation itself. someone please help.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
That Panasonic box is a Japanese navigation unit that's not fitted on European spec 308s.

A European 308 all the navigation is done inside the SMEG or NAC unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That Panasonic box is a Japanese navigation unit that's not fitted on European spec 308s.

A European 308 all the navigation is done inside the SMEG or NAC unit.
Alright thank you, it makes sense why i cant find anything about it really.

Any clue how i could reprogram it to the European, so it uses its own module for the maps ?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Alright thank you, it makes sense why i cant find anything about it really.

Any clue how i could reprogram it to the European, so it uses its own module for the maps ?
Pass - I would start by investigating that Panasonic navigation box & the wiring connecting it to the cars systems.

You would likely need to remove the dash panel to get access to the SMEG unit, unscrew then slide it out & see what has been done to the wiring connectors on the back of it / how the Panasonic box has been linked in to the car.

A European spec 308 all the navigation is done inside the SMEG or NAC infotainment unit inside the dashboard - the mapping data is uploaded in to the infotainment units onboard memory via the USB port.

I would guess the Panasonic box has been added in to provide navigation for the Japanese market.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All Jap spec Merc's run mad hardware that's nothing like the rest of the world (I guess it must be some electronics protectionism that outlaws it ).

It would seem remarkable that you could do a flash of a European update and it worked ! Which seems to point to much of the hardware Peugeot used for the headunit being the same. Sounds like you need to pull it from the dash and check out whats there....

can you find its part number of the headunit and check if its the same?
what happens if you unplug the panasonic unit at the dash end, does the rest still operate ?
does it have the GPS fakra connection on the headunit
does it have the memory SD card slot on the headunit (only accessible after removal from the car) - if so whats on it.... maybe it has some mad Japanese translation to the pansonic Nav unit. and you can replace with the european Nav operating system and mapping ????

If you get it working I would expect its a miracle

what might be possible is a firmware update to the pansonic nav box of tricks to move menus to english...
or you could try google translate and check for the Japanese for Laungaue settings and English, then see if you can find it in strange menus !!!
then maybe try European map discs if they ever made one... *but jap domestic market electronics often very different to what we get

Firmware for CN-ZU510DXA
2019/12/2031.2MB

2401 - 2416 of 2416 Posts