Peugeot Forums banner

2361 - 2380 of 2416 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 308 SW 1.6 2015
8 Posts
Where can I find the latest map versions? Latest here seems to be from 2019.. would there be one from 2021 already?
Here you can download the latest one that I have link for: http://psa.download.navigation.com/automotive/PSA/RT6-SMEGx/M49RG20-Q0220-2001.ZIP

This archive has the following Map data:
CID:001,117,0,2,2020,"16/6/2020","ITALY","HERE"
CID:002,117,1,2,2020,"22/8/2020","FRANCE","HERE"
CID:003,117,1,2,2020,"22/8/2020","SPAIN/PORTUGAL","HERE"
CID:004,117,2,2,2020,"25/8/2020","BENELUX","HERE"
CID:005,117,2,2,2020,"22/8/2020","UNITED_KINGDOM","HERE"
CID:006,117,1,2,2020,"23/8/2020","SCANDINAVIA","HERE"
CID:012,117,1,2,2020,"21/8/2020","GERMANY","HERE"
CID:013,117,1,2,2020,"24/8/2020","MIDDLE_EUROPE","HERE"
CID:016,117,1R,2,2020,"11/6/2020","RUSSIA_(R)","HERE"
CID:020,117,1,2,2020,"8/9/2020","SOUTHERN_EASTERN_EUROPE","HERE"
CID:021,117,1R,2,2020,"8/9/2020","NORTH_EAST_EASTERN_EUROPE_(R)","HERE"
CID:022,117,1,2,2020,"8/9/2020","NORTH_WEST_EASTERN_EUROPE","HERE"

I didn't test it because of using Android Auto.

PS: as I understand it is EU 2021.1 beta, so, use it at your own risk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2015 plate 308 SW and have upgraded the maps from Peugeot already. The firmware is SMEG5.2.C.R1 which firmware should I pick and are there any advantages of upgrading it anyway. Just all a little scary with everything being controlled via the screen, heating, radio etc and just want advice on what’s the best one. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2015 plate 308 SW and have upgraded the maps from Peugeot already. The firmware is SMEG5.2.C.R1 which firmware should I pick and are there any advantages of upgrading it anyway. Just all a little scary with everything being controlled via the screen, heating, radio etc and just want advice on what’s the best one. Much appreciated.
Hi!

I updated 10 days ago. I also have a 2015 plate 308. I upgraded from SMEG5.1.F.R4 to 5.43.A.R2 (since that was the latest one linked in the first post). I have not seen any issues with it. I have not read any release notes, so not totally clear to me what fixes they have done. Bugfixes, in general I guess?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok so have decided to leave well alone with the firmware upgrade (too much of a chicken haha) Other problem I seem to be having is putting the speed camera data from October 2019 onto the satnav. I have downloaded the zip file and extracted the file and put onto the USB Fat32. When plugging the usb in it briefly comes up with some warning and disappears? Any ideas at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah scrap my last post, tried another USB and it worked. Says risk areas will be indication only, not sure what that means? Is Oct 2019 the latest available? Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ah scrap my last post, tried another USB and it worked. Says risk areas will be indication only, not sure what that means? Is Oct 2019 the latest available? Thanks
Speed Camera - latest I have is August 2020 - you'll need to rename the extension to be .zip and then 7-ZIP or equivalent to unarchive the files.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so have decided to leave well alone with the firmware upgrade (too much of a chicken haha) Other problem I seem to be having is putting the speed camera data from October 2019 onto the satnav. I have downloaded the zip file and extracted the file and put onto the USB Fat32. When plugging the usb in it briefly comes up with some warning and disappears? Any ideas at all? Thanks.

big mistake

due to the UK broadcasting both DAB and DAB+ signals side by side, in high reception areas, if the car see >99 stations the system crashes and the head unit reboots repeadely untill you drive to an area with fewer stations... if you search back, many here think its a BBC national multiplex issue its not... it bad orignal software and the sooner you fix the car the better

·
Registered
16 Posts
big mistake

due to the UK broadcasting both DAB and DAB+ signals side by side, in high reception areas, if the car see >99 stations the system crashes and the head unit reboots repeadely untill you drive to an area with fewer stations... if you search back, many here think its a BBC national multiplex issue its not... it bad orignal software and the sooner you fix the car the better
So you think I should upgrade to 5.34? Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you're having issues with the SMEG headset restarting then yes update to the 5.43 firmware - it should be straight forward to update - i say should as i did get a blue screen of death when i did mine a few years back and after driving round for a day with no display - I had to do a battery disconnect and it cured the issue and the firmware update restarted and completed and it's been 100% fine ever since. I must have been unlucky for whatever reason or perhaps lucky - depends how you look at it. Lots of other people have done the update and had no issues doing it. The biggest reason for doing it has to be to cure the DAB reboot crash issue that many have been experiencing.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
big mistake

So why did this rebooting problem only start at the same time as the BBC changed their station logos, and not when DAB+ started? And why does the radio not display these station logos on DAB. All there on FM.
Why does it not happen if the DAB is tuned to a non BBC national multiplex?

·
Registered
12 Posts
first thing I did when I saw mate had bought one... within 30 mins of seeing the car it was happily running to 5.43.A.R2 and he had speed cameras for the first time ever

imagine thinking mine never played up, why would I update it? and then you drive somewhere using the sat nav and just as your stuck in to the trip the radio reboots and you get lost with no radio at all. Just the frustration of it stop starting and trying to trash itself... you'll feel really smug you didn't pop a USB stick in there and have a cup of tea when you were home

·
Registered
12 Posts
So why did this rebooting problem only start at the same time as the BBC changed their station logos, and not when DAB+ started? And why does the radio not display these station logos on DAB. All there on FM.
Why does it not happen if the DAB is tuned to a non BBC national multiplex?

Feb 2016 the whole UK network switched on DAB+ with dual broadcasting of DAB... the fault only shows up if you car notices >99 stations, if you live where you're lucky to get 20 channels of course you don't see the issue

much of europe switched off DAB completely so they don't see the problem. Ford only just fixed the same fault on the new mk4 Focus in Oct 2020, all C and E class Mercs with DAB need the update (but at least that only crashes the DAB tuner the rest carries on working)

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
This rebooting issue started in September 2019, so can have nothing to do with DAB+. But it did coincide with the BBC changing their station logos that same month.
Add to this, as many others have also reported, if the SMEG unit is not on radio it would not suffer the reboot problem. Neither would it suffer if the radio was on FM.
AND if the radio was tuned on DAB to any non BBC national station it also did not suffer the reboot problem.
I did extensive checks on out 2008 to be certain of what the underlying cause might be. I contacted the BBC and double checked the coincidence with them which is when I found out they had changed their station logos on that date.

·
Registered
12 Posts
re reading a post about Merc's issues. They did two software updates in 2016, one around July, they thought they sorted the DAB issue (I think related to the logo fun), then in Oct 2016 they had to do another due to the >99 issues that were still causing issues

Smeg 5.41.B.R4 released 05.04.2016.
Smeg 5.42.C.R2 released 05.07.2017
Smeg 5.43.A.R2 released Jan 2018 ?

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Peugeot, Merc, different software, different issues.
5.43.A.R2 is dated 19/09/2017.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would anyone be able to test a postcode entry for me please? I have updated to the latest maps and when I enter a postcode into the city part I can enter full postcodes but for some reason where I live it won’t let me enter anything past WA8? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
We would need to know valid postcodes to try. If you try to put in a non valid number next it won't.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
WA8 6QR - Widnes, Cheshire.
No problem. You are putting in the space?

2361 - 2380 of 2416 Posts