Peugeot Forums banner

2341 - 2355 of 2355 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, new to peugeot coming from a citroen c4 ii. I was able to update maps through this forums guides but i have a question for my peugeot 308. Its a 2016 model and it has no maps on its screen. I was told that i am able to activate maps if i go to a peugeot dealer but with a high price of about 500€ or more. Is there any way that i can activate them by myself? Thank you and keep doing your great work helping all of us with these guides!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I just bought 308 II from 2017 and like to update the SMEG+. I believe I have the data for firmware and latest maps (v.116) but I am missing the Key Generator (for map update) and data for latest speed cameras. Can someone please send me the links to the missing data. Thanks.

·
Registered
Peugeot 308 SW 1.6 2015
7 Posts
Hi all, I just bought 308 II from 2017 and like to update the SMEG+. I believe I have the data for firmware and latest maps (v.116) but I am missing the Key Generator (for map update) and data for latest speed cameras. Can someone please send me the links to the missing data. Thanks.
Hi. You can find all the links in the first post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. You can find all the links in the first post.
Thanks for pointing this out for me. However, as I red somewhere the key generator has to match the latest map data set. I will try to update with the v.116 (42096) and the key generator in the first post is for v. 42050. You think that will be a problem or not?

·
Registered
Peugeot 308 SW 1.6 2015
7 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out for me. However, as I red somewhere the key generator has to match the latest map data set. I will try to update with the v.116 (42096) and the key generator in the first post is for v. 42050. You think that will be a problem or not?
As I remember, I successfully updated my map to 42096 using the Generator either from the first post or from the "Additional link by Paul-R"

·
7,934 Posts
The generator should work on all map versions as the key is generated from the relivent map info file data

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: kafatski

·
Registered
173 Posts
Make sure you follow the guide which tells you which folder to point the generator at. Also people have had issues with unzipping the generator and the maps using Mac books or certain unzip programs - i use 7-zip and have never had any issues. Also worth checking that you dont have .jar associations linked to Microsoft Edge which will prevent Java from running the generator correctly. When you do update the maps - the USB stick file structure needs to be correct or the update will fail. You need to do maps 1st and then do the speed alerts after you've deleted the maps off the stick or it will fail if you try to do both at same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to thank everyone in the group (this specific topic) that provide the download links or shared their experience on the updates. I managed to update the firmware (SMEG+) to 5.43 however, due to the shortage of memory space on the SatNav unit I was not able to upgrade all the separate maps for Europe. I just updated few which I assume I would use most. I was surprised too find out that there is a lack of memory space and the only solution I see is to upgrade the memory of the SatNav unit. What is your experience? Could you update Maps to v. 116 without upgrading your memory space?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would like to thank everyone in the group (this specific topic) that provide the download links or shared their experience on the updates. I managed to update the firmware (SMEG+) to 5.43 however, due to the shortage of memory space on the SatNav unit I was not able to upgrade all the separate maps for Europe. I just updated few which I assume I would use most. I was surprised too find out that there is a lack of memory space and the only solution I see is to upgrade the memory of the SatNav unit. What is your experience? Could you update Maps to v. 116 without upgrading your memory space?
That's good to hear. The only way to do the full map upgrade is to remove the SMEG unit and replace the micro SD card for a larger card - unfortunately, Peugeot never thought about map sizes exceeding their original SD card so it's a case of sacrificing certain maps or doing a physical micro SD card replacement - if you do fancy doing it, it is discussed in this sub forum - you would have to search for it - can't remember which page it is - circa 80s perhaps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm from Portugal.
I have a 308 GT Line, from 2016, 6 speeds, 120hp.

I would like to know if it is possible, some improvements.

The autoradio does not appear the logos of radio stations (versions after 2017 already have)

Is it possible to change to view videos in progress (blocks and cancels after speed above 20km per hour)?

Other improvements for those who know ...

Find out, thank you for your help.

ola. Sou de Portugal. Tenho uma 308 GT Line, de 2016, 6velocidades, 120cv. gostaria de saber se é possivel , algumas melhorias.

O autoradio, nao aparece os logotipos das emissoras radio ( as versões após 2017 já têm )

Será possivel alteração para visualizar videos em andamento ( bloqueia e anula após velocidade acima dos 20km hora ) ?

Outras melhorias quem conheçam...

Descupem , agradeço ajuda.

2341 - 2355 of 2355 Posts