Peugeot Forums banner

2301 - 2320 of 2355 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 308 SW 1.6 2015
7 Posts
Hi guys, I have the same question. Today updated to the last version but I had space only for my region...
Hi. If you have 5.43, you can just select your desire map and click OK (or something else for approving) and an UI will propose you to delete some maps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, just joined.

Trying to help a mate with a 2016 pug where the firmware is 4 versions out of date on his SMEG plus unit (everything is stock Q2 2016 from build).

Read most of this thread and another forum and got all the files (Update firmware, Euro Maps, Speed cams and key tool). Busy prepping the update stick

A) Extracted the main 1 gig update to a fast 32gig USB 3 Fat 32 stick. All good, (but file structure is just one SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder ?)
B) Extracted the speed cam update to the same stick and that gives ALL the info I see in some tutorials with lots of files and folders. However when I look both updates create a SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder of their own (clearly I can't have 2 of these).

So of the files I mention above, either the contents of "B" goes in the big folder "A" or the files in "A" go in "B" ?
No big issue till I notice BOTH have 3 files that are the same in both folders.... and then we have issues. The speed cam stuff has one file that's newer and I expect needed then 2 older 2015 files.

I could see to ovewrite the files of the last firmware update using ALL the speed cam info (as I guess could be compatible, but adding older stuff to a firmware update of known compatable files is plain silly?). For speed cams I can see one "contract.dat" is 4kb bigger and I suspect essentail. But the 2 older files might break the main update being old out of date stuff ? I don't know which update needs which. So took a quick look at whats there

speed cam files in the SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder it creates
contract.dat 3 Sept 2019
Upg.Plugin.out 3 Jul 2015
Upg.Plugin.out.inf 3 Jul 2015

5.43. A. R files SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder from the last main firmware update
contract.dat 19 Sept 2017
Upg.Plugin.out 19 Sept 2017
Upg.Plugin.out.inf 19 Sept 2017

but then its more fun as both sets appear obsolete / wrong !!! checking data in both inf files, neither are really the correct files???

the INF file data in the speed cam files, in the SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder
988ca295
VER:SMEG_5.4x.B.R1_kok
TYPE:RELOCABLE
ID:0
COMPRESSED:NO
SIZE:168902
ENTRY:YES
SUBVER:APP_5.2.0

the INF file data in the 5.43.A.R2 firmware, in the SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder it creates
709acbf4
VER:SMEG_PLUS_5.3.A3
SIZE:164539
ENTRY:NO
SUBVER:ZAR_UMZ_4.5.8

any ideas please? I can see either set ought to lead to a falied install of both updates

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi Guys, just joined.

Trying to help a mate with a 2016 pug where the firmware is 4 versions out of date on his SMEG plus unit (everything is stock Q2 2016 from build).

Read most of this thread and another forum and got all the files (Update firmware, Euro Maps, Speed cams and key tool). Busy prepping the update stick

A) Extracted the main 1 gig update to a fast 32gig USB 3 Fat 32 stick. All good, (but file structure is just one SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder ?)
B) Extracted the speed cam update to the same stick and that gives ALL the info I see in some tutorials with lots of files and folders. However when I look both updates create a SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder of their own (clearly I can't have 2 of these).

So of the files I mention above, either the contents of "B" goes in the big folder "A" or the files in "A" go in "B" ?
No big issue till I notice BOTH have 3 files that are the same in both folders.... and then we have issues. The speed cam stuff has one file that's newer and I expect needed then 2 older 2015 files.

I could see to ovewrite the files of the last firmware update using ALL the speed cam info (as I guess could be compatible, but adding older stuff to a firmware update of known compatable files is plain silly?). For speed cams I can see one "contract.dat" is 4kb bigger and I suspect essentail. But the 2 older files might break the main update being old out of date stuff ? I don't know which update needs which. So took a quick look at whats there

speed cam files in the SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder it creates
contract.dat 3 Sept 2019
Upg.Plugin.out 3 Jul 2015
Upg.Plugin.out.inf 3 Jul 2015

5.43. A. R files SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder from the last main firmware update
contract.dat 19 Sept 2017

but then its more fun as both sets appear obsolete / wrong !!! checking data in both inf files, neither are really the correct files???

the INF file data in the speed cam files, in the SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder
988ca295
VER:SMEG_5.4x.B.R1_kok
SIZE:168902
ENTRY:YES
SUBVER:APP_5.2.0

the INF file data in the 5.43.A.R2 firmware, in the SMEG_PLUS_UPG folder it creates
709acbf4
VER:SMEG_PLUS_5.3.A3
SIZE:164539
ENTRY:NO
SUBVER:ZAR_UMZ_4.5.8

any ideas please? I can see either set ought to lead to a falied install of both updates
Easy: just try each update at once, not both on the same stick at the same time.

For the firmware, the folder SMEG_PLUS_UPG with all its files within must be on the root folder of your usb stick. For the speed cams, just unpack the .rar file onto the same stick BUT WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE ON IT :). No need of a SMEG_PLUS_UPG at all with the speed cams.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Easy: just try each update at once, not both on the same stick at the same time.

For the firmware, the folder SMEG_PLUS_UPG with all its files within must be on the root folder of your usb stick. For the speed cams, just unpack the .rar file onto the same stick BUT WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE ON IT :). No need of a SMEG_PLUS_UPG at all with the speed cams.

thanks for the reply, so do the update then the speed cams.... I wounder if you use

contract.dat 3 Sept 2019

then you can have one stick built right ?

Oh just saw and thought great can ignore and just run with the files from the last firmware update, but if this below is correct
No need of a SMEG_PLUS_UPG at all with the speed cams.
why does it have 2019 file in there... seems strange?

·
Registered
5 Posts
just put the 130 mb/sec stick in
20 mins to do the update from original (4 version out of date firmware) to SMEG UPG SoftWare 5.43.A.R2
less than 1 min to do the speed cams

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having done the job now and just made the Map stick ready to go, I can see the instructions should be rewritten to say

Step one, check what firmware you are running (and if not current update to latest version)
Step two, make 3 separate USB sticks (as each of the 3 updates share one folder name but with different contents in each update)
Step three, state the ideal order each 3 should go on the vehicle

I have done the firmware update
The speedcam update (which now operate, before they didn't work out of the factory - according to the owner)
And when I next see the car will do the maps

thanks everyone for all the info you have put on the site and I hope you all have a great new year

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
No need to update the firmware if you don't want to. It doesn't affect updating maps or speedcam files.

·
Registered
5 Posts
except the DAB fault needs fixing?

In Feb 2016 the UK restructured the whole DAB network across the UK as they introduced DAB+, this caught out a lot of radio units as they (in good signal areas) could suddenly find many more channels.

Where a radio unit that had a 99 channel list now found >100, many headunits keeled over under the strain of no longer understanding how to store more than it could, (easily done with side by side broadcast of both DAB and DAB+).

If you live in a poor DAB coverage area many owners think a fix is unnecessary. Its odd that people here think its the BBC National multiplex, it isn't that. Its when they find greater than 100 of anything out there at any point.

All Merc C and E class Mercedes with DAB radio's just died overnight and could no longer find a single channel. Eventually a firmware update for the DAB came out but most still haven't loaded it.

Many VAG cars upon installing an update for V10 mapping (or any newer!!!) keeled over and went in a reboot loop. Oddly these cars don't play up in Europe so everyone thinks its the mapping. And indeed they get over themselves reverting to V9 or earlier. But they do a reboot every 2 to 3 minutes otherwise and to this day 4 years and 3 map releases later VW haven't bothered to fix it.

In 2012 or so some Panasonic TVs did the same with a 99 length channel list that dies under a freeview change that brought in more than 100 channels.

It’s much like a millennium bug. As indeed is this:
Has no one seen a clock failure on any early releases? Mates one pulls the time off satellites. To think Peugeot knew and built the software to cope in 2016 is odd, few other car manu did. Unless Peugeot had Nav in cars regularly from 1997 and learnt from the WNRO 2 event ?

Ford is only just resolving broken time and date on the Focus Mk4 releasing an update about 4 months ago and Mercedes were slow to fix some with an update rolling out from Dec 2019. And on the 2005 to 2013 S class not even bothering (so a USA guy made the patch himself). Its all related to a major event in the Satellite world that came in April 2019, and was the start of many clocks pulling info from GPS to get muddled (most UK owners only found as GMT came back in during October). Its because the Satellites changed, now sending out incompatible data for the car's obsolete programming with WNRO 3 (week number rollover – a 19 year cycle of date change inside all satellites )

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Thanks. Is it possible to fix it? Hard reboot, date the system up and so on? And finally to change the screen out....???
Your 308 SMEG hardware just doesn't have GPS fitted.

You would need to replace the SMEG unit, replace the touch screen & install a GPS antenna to get sat nav.

For that sort of upgrade you might as well go the whole hog & retrofit the later 308 NAC unit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You do not need to change the display in order to get satnav. You just need a Smeg headunit with integrated satnav and a GPS antenna. Write me a pm, I have both older and newer units.

·
Registered
8 Posts

You would need to replace the SMEG unit, replace the touch screen & install a GPS antenna to get sat nav.

For that sort of upgrade you might as well go the whole hog & retrofit the later 308 NAC unit.
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest World) no way to the later one(

·
Registered
8 Posts

either dashcam can be supported If I update to the newer Smeg version?

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
either dashcam can be supported If I update to the newer Smeg version?
Dashcam?

Do you mean reverse camera?

If you replace your SMEG with another SMEG with sat nav or a NAC - it would have to be configured to the equipment fitted to your vehicle, which would need Diagbox.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dashcam?

Do you mean reverse camera?

If you replace your SMEG with another SMEG with sat nav or a NAC - it would have to be configured to the equipment fitted to your vehicle, which would need Diagbox.
Yes, a reverse cam, which I am going to buy. Thank you. It seems to be the hard way, but the right one...

2301 - 2320 of 2355 Posts