Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I've had my 16 plate 308 GT HDi for just over a month. The car is really great in every way except it has developed a niggle.

Every so often the speakers will just stop working. The head unit is fine, showing both FM or Dab stations but no sound from speakers. I have tried updating to the latest firmware but this had had no impact.

If the car is left for a while the speakers sometimes just come back on the next time it is started.

On the occasions when they wont restart by turning the engine on and off a few times. I have resorted to disconnecting the battery. This instantly solves the problem and the speakers work the next time the car is started.

When the speakers are not working the additional sound in sport mode is also absent.

The door chime sounds do continue to work.

Any ideas on how to solve this before I book it into the dealers?

Is there a soft reboot option on the head unit?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi

A soft reboot can be performed by holding down the Car icon for about ten seconds. It takes about a minute to reboot. This should solve your problem which you describe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I've had my 16 plate 308 GT HDi for just over a month. The car is really great in every way except it has developed a niggle.

Every so often the speakers will just stop working. The head unit is fine, showing both FM or Dab stations but no sound from speakers. I have tried updating to the latest firmware but this had had no impact.

If the car is left for a while the speakers sometimes just come back on the next time it is started.

On the occasions when they wont restart by turning the engine on and off a few times. I have resorted to disconnecting the battery. This instantly solves the problem and the speakers work the next time the car is started.

When the speakers are not working the additional sound in sport mode is also absent.

Thanks in advance.
I have had a similar issue, but it was caused by a loose wire. when i had my car serviced i told them about this issue and the replugged the plugs for the speakers and so far that have solved it.. the car was in for service two months ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive feedback. Glad to know I can reboot the unit from inside the car and hopefully get the garage to fix it when it goes in for its service. (fingers crossed).

Has anyone found a decent how to guide to extract the screen and head unit. I might have a quick look at the connections myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
G'day mate!
I had a similar issue when I jumped into my very recently purchased 308 Allure (2014, 1.2T model).
No sound. However (and perhaps check this??) - the CD player was playing okay. It was basically anything that would otherwise come through the SMEG (radio, phone, bluetooth etc).
I turned the car off for a couple of hours and got back in and it was fine.
It's happened one other time. The 'only' common factor - it was warm outside (summer here in Melbourne), and, I had a USB device connected when I started the car. I spoke to the dealers and they said it commonly does occur. It hasn't happened since. If you ever get a concrete answer as to the cause, please let me know. For now, I am putting it down to heat and possibly the SMEG not liking the large iPod device connected.

·
Registered
2021 508SW GT - in Luxembourg
40 Posts
OK different car, but I had similar challenges with my Volvo V60 in the past the Volvo unit went totally into some kind of limb mode - this was I reckon due USB stick corruption. As the stick was at all times connected the only option was that somehow something went wrong in the files system and nothing really worked. I took out the stick power on and all was normal, but needed to reformat the USB and copy the music files back before Volvo was able to play it again and not to cripple the AV system again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've not had a USB device connected so I can rule that one out. We have had a warm spell so it might be down to that. Currently using FM radio only and all good for the last few days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Possible Fix?

I had the same problem occur in my July '16 308 SW GT last night.

Tried to soft reboot, factory reset, nothing.

Took into my local dealer today who plugged into the OBD and found a series of faults in the front left speaker.

Logged onto the dealer network and in July there was a bulletin of this fault (speakers) with a software update for the amplifier (mounted in the boot apparently).

Applied the update, cleared all the fault codes. Perfect.

Also carried out a recall job for an engine plug.

In and out in less than 30 minutes.

Might be worth a look for others having the same issue of no sound.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Interesting, I had my left speaker swapped a few months ago. It kept cutting out. On Bluetooth it whines with the engine revs. Its back again even after a speaker swap.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This has just happened in my GT now. No sound from any music input, GT modulated "Sport" sound not working, Sat Nav voice not working and parking sensors too. Only noise is door chime when in gear. Tried a soft reset but no luck, looks like its a trip to the dealers. I was holding off on the recall for the starter motor until my next service in November but may as well get it done at the same time.
Has anyone got the specifics on the technical bulletin for the door speaker that I could point the dealers in the right direction?

Cheers
Richie

·
Registered
90 Posts
This has just happened in my GT now. No sound from any music input, GT modulated "Sport" sound not working, Sat Nav voice not working and parking sensors too. Only noise is door chime when in gear. Tried a soft reset but no luck, looks like its a trip to the dealers. I was holding off on the recall for the starter motor until my next service in November but may as well get it done at the same time.
Has anyone got the specifics on the technical bulletin for the door speaker that I could point the dealers in the right direction?

Cheers
Richie
I have had my 15 308 Style 1.6 Diesel 120bhp in for some adblue wire recall.. but i haven't heard of engine plugs or starter motor recalls? anything i am missing or are those issues only on the petrol versions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a July 17 update for the audio system including the boot mounted amp.

The master tech at my local dealer found it straight away.

I've go the 2.0 HDi and the recall work on mine was for an engine mount plug and was a visual check only.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Cheers
Richie
I have had my 15 308 Style 1.6 Diesel 120bhp in for some adblue wire recall.. but i haven't heard of engine plugs or starter motor recalls? anything i am missing or are those issues only on the petrol versions?
Mines the 180bhp GT Diesel. I've had the Adblue harness and door locks but this one is for starter motor supply terminal position!! This is the first one I've had sent to me through the post requiring a signature.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
308GT Lost Sound

I have had a similar issue, but it was caused by a loose wire. when i had my car serviced i told them about this issue and the replugged the plugs for the speakers and so far that have solved it.. the car was in for service two months ago.
I also have the 308GT which a a really good car, a few niggles but basically fun to drive and pretty quick. Lack of leg room in the rear is not great for passengers (not an issue for driver though :) ) and I hate not being able to turn off stop start permanently.

I have had the same issue, radio, sat nav, sport modulated sound all stop working on occasions - it is in with the Peugeot dealer again today - 4th time. Being intermittent they say it is difficult, but it sounds as if this is a common problem.

I will inform them of speaker wiring, but if anyone has found the definitive answer please el

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
When I complained to my dealer about radio problems, all I got was "they are all like that sir". Basically they didn't want to know. And I checked, they are not "all like that".

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have the 308GT which a a really good car, a few niggles but basically fun to drive and pretty quick. Lack of leg room in the rear is not great for passengers (not an issue for driver though :) ) and I hate not being able to turn off stop start permanently.

I have had the same issue, radio, sat nav, sport modulated sound all stop working on occasions - it is in with the Peugeot dealer again today - 4th time. Being intermittent they say it is difficult, but it sounds as if this is a common problem.

I will inform them of speaker wiring, but if anyone has found the definitive answer please el
Have a read of this thread
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2014-122/no-sound-331262/

I've been having a similar issue, and will try using the diagnostic software (diagbox) when it next happens to see if I can trace which side speaker is having the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mines last night (just posted up a quick intro) but I did notice from taking it out a quick drive last night my bluetooth connected fine and played my spotify perfect but this morning the songs etc appeared but no sound, would go back to DAB and or Normal FM radio and would play fine was checking everywhere that I hadnt muted anything through the bluetooth.

Hopefully Ill try and disconnect and reconnect etc and try again on way home from work tonight without any issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,

Same problem on a 308 Gti 250. Did a reset after that left it of the batery for a hard reset, after i dis firmware update nothing sound still wont work.

But good news i found the problem ;):cool:

Open the boot side panel behind the drivers seat ( passenger seat UK). There are 2 boxes there and you need the bigger one that is on a 3 bracket holder. Thats your amplifier and what you want to check first is the top bracket closer to the back seats because it held on a plastic that brakes and if its broken your amplifier will shake and there is a big chance your connectors will shake too lowering connectivity. Take off the battery, glue it back to the braket. Take off the 2 plugs and plug them back on and enjoy;):cool:

If the bracket is not broken just unplug and plug again ( battery off) and give it a go.

And if that doesnt work you have a short cable and dont even try to find if (needle in a haystacko_O) go for diagnostic so they tell you where to start because checking all speakers + cables is madness.

Hope i was helpfull and i wish you all luck 😇😉

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Hi, disconnect all Bluetooth devices and remove usb cable, worked for my 308gt. Good luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts