Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,I recently bought a peugeot 207 Gt 2007 and It's missing a little plastic thing wich I think it holds the small sensor from the top of the dashboard,I attached some photos,maby you guys know what is that so maby I can buy the replacement from somewhere
Thanks a lot for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Looks like it could be the auto lights sensor. Would think you should be ab;e to pick one up from a dealer - shouldn't cost too much or try to find a similar car in a scrapyard and pull it off and ask thenm how nuch they want for it. Best to go to a scrapyard that will let you look round and pick the bits yourself though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The auto lights sensor is up by the rear view mirror so it's not that. I can't quite tell what the thing is in the photograph, you could do with a close-up but for me it looks like somebody has tried to fit an LED warning light!

From my recollections of the two 207s I've had there is nothing in that spot. It just gives access to a screw as far as I can remember.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Meant to mention, it's an easy job to remove the centre vent housing. From there you will have access to the area below whatever it is. This may help you examine it. I changed my centre vent housing on a 207cc GT after badly and clumsily scratching the original and I can assure you there is absolutely bugger all in the space where your object is!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah my 207 had that, I think its a sunlight sensor for the Air Conditioning if I recall correctly. Something to do with the AC working differently If in direct sunlight?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah my 207 had that, I think its a sunlight sensor for the Air Conditioning if I recall correctly. Something to do with the AC working differently If in direct sunlight?
Yes, I have just looked at ours and that sunlight sensor should sit in a trapezoidal shaped bit of black plastic in the centre of the windscreen air vent. I would guess you are looking for a replacement sunlight sensor or its housing.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The auto lights sensor is up by the rear view mirror so it's not that. I can't quite tell what the thing is in the photograph, you could do with a close-up but for me it looks like somebody has tried to fit an LED warning light!

From my recollections of the two 207s I've had there is nothing in that spot. It just gives access to a screw as far as I can remember.
I believe the sensor up by the rear view mirror is for the Automatic Wipers, not the one for the auto lights.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No, Auto wipers weren't available on the Mk 1 207cc. The auto light sensor was built into the rear view mirror. Maybe they moved it there just for that model. There was nothing were the OP took the photo on my car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys know where can I find the replacement part?I tried at a few couple of scrap yards and no luck,they are really far away from my house.Should I speak to Peugeot?

·
6,599 Posts
The cover is available from Peugeot for a grand total of £2.42

There are two colours available

Sun Sensor Bracket Nero Part No 8211.XJ
Sun Sensor Bracket Dark Ripple Part No 8211.XH

If you post last 8 of VIN I can double check correct for your car, I used basic 207 to search and it appears to be common on most versions

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx a lot Windy1603 you are a life saver.The last 8 numbers of the VIN are 33886966
Can you tell me where did you found the part and maby how to buy it?

·
6,599 Posts
Thx a lot Windy1603 you are a life saver.The last 8 numbers of the VIN are 33886966
Can you tell me where did you found the part and maby how to buy it?
I used Peugeot Servicebox to lookup part

Sun Sensor Bracket Nero Part No 8211.XJ is listed for your car

Any Peugeot dealer should be able to order in if not in stock

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
No, Auto wipers weren't available on the Mk 1 207cc. The auto light sensor was built into the rear view mirror. Maybe they moved it there just for that model. There was nothing were the OP took the photo on my car.
OK my friend, I stand corrected on that one.:thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got the parts from peugeot,they couldn't order only minimum 4 so I have some extra if you guys need :D thanks again for your help !

·
6,599 Posts
I would list them on ebay I am sure others need them and have been put off by having to buy 4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts