Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with a performance issue with my 2002 1.6 petrol 307, I find it rather sluggish and acceleration is quite inconsistent, I know it's got more but not sure what to check really, iv run it on my Bluetooth obd2 fault checker and torque pro app but no faults stored on the ecu, thought it might be loose throttle cable but apparently it doesn't have one in the engine bay, anyone have this issue with the petrol version as all I can find is diesel issues!? Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can't say what the problem is but the 1.6 petrol is fly by wire. I have had problems with my pedal and have had a good look and 100% no cable only wire for the sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see i dont think its a problem with the pedal responsiveness at all, when i push the accelerator down i get an almost immediate response on the rev meter and revving on idle seems fine, just seems to be the pulling of the engine while im actually driving, like its not firing on all cylinders but the odb2 isnt picking anything like that up? should it?

P

·
0 Posts
Could be a clogged egr valve. I was getting slugging response on my 307 SW. Stuck some wynns egr3 cleaner through the system and blocked the egr with the golf tie trick, problem solved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be a clogged egr valve. I was getting slugging response on my 307 SW. Stuck some wynns egr3 cleaner through the system and blocked the egr with the golf tie trick, problem solved.
iv seen a lot of threads on google about EGR removal fixes which would explain my issue, is this something worth looking into for the petrol version?

P

·
0 Posts
iv seen a lot of threads on google about EGR removal fixes which would explain my issue, is this something worth looking into for the petrol version?
thought all 307's had a EGR valve regardless of petrol or diesel?

·
11,778 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts