Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi we bought a 307 1.6 hdi 7 seater estate on friday and was told it had a recon turbo, new dpf. it is really sluggish especially on hills and we have noticed quite a bit of smoke. the engine is quiet and it drives well on the flat. have we bought a money pit? or can it be something simple. we haven't even loaded the car with three grandchildren and luggage yet. please help :):(

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
hi we bought a 307 1.6 hdi 7 seater estate on friday and was told it had a recon turbo, new dpf. it is really sluggish especially on hills and we have noticed quite a bit of smoke. the engine is quiet and it drives well on the flat. have we bought a money pit? or can it be something simple. we haven't even loaded the car with three grandchildren and luggage yet. please help :):(
what colour is the smoke

·
Registered
129 Posts
You don't say what year or moreover mileage.
18 months is a long time but depends on miles it's done in that time.
Anyway, I think that forking out for a turbo and dpf (not cheap) suggests a problem that hasn't been cured, especially if a garage did the work.
New oil and filter, air filter and injector cleaner in tank will not hurt.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Could be loads of things. I think the best thing to do would be to get a planet diagnostics done by someone on here, check the map. That should steer you in the right direction. If you're in Essex then I could have a look for you.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Edit your signature to include your location and a Diagnostics would probably pinpoint any issues but 18 months seems a long time between services

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I think the dpf may have been removed as if it was on then this would stop the smoke coming out of the exhaust, if its been removed and mapped wrong then this could have damaged the turbo, also not changing engine oil at the correct intervals can damage turbo amongst other things here is what I would start with checking doing

I would get it on planet or diagbox

as your smoke is grey/black I would first remove the egr valve (if its vacuum controlled then just pull the vacuum pipe off the valve and put a gold tee in the pipe, if its electronic then you will need a blanking plate)

I would change the air filter to see if that makes a difference

if the above did nothing I would remove the air intake off the turbo and check for play and signs of damage on the centre shaft if loads of play then turbo is gone and you need to find out why before you change it

·
Registered
129 Posts
It beggers the question, how do you know the turbo and dpf have been replaced and if so, when and by who.
As you have the depollution and engine light on now it does point to a dodgy dpf job.
As said, a plug in is your first job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts