Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me.

Over the last coupld of week i have developed a small oil leak somewhere near the oil filter.

It doesnt seem to be from the oil filter but in that general area.

I have a thin rubber hose hanging down it the area not sure what it is and cannot see what the other end it attached to. Maybe it is something to do with this.

There is also what appears to be an inspection window in bettween the gearbox and engine and a rubber boot is not seated correctly.

I have taken some pictures of the area and the hose and the inspection window hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,
Engine age, size and type, petrol or diesel is always good information to give as there are several types, and someone with the same engine in there vehicle may have a better idea of what might be the cause of the oil leakage.

·
6,270 Posts
Could be oil pressure switch is leaking, or if its had a recent service and they spilt the old oil in the filter it may have run up the harness sleeve and is now dripping out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has had a recent service but not in the last month or so and its been leaking for around 2 weeks

·
6,270 Posts
Just thought worth checking base of filter housing some were fitted with a drain bolt to empty filter, it may have been left loose or seal is damaged

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Injector seals they do run down that side when they leak take the cover that says hdi on it and have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was my first check one was leaking cleaned it up best i could and gave it a nip which eliminated the puff puff noise and doesnt seem to be leaking anymore might put a rag in there and have a drive see if it shows thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts